Domestic recycling - IELTS WRITING TASK 1 LINE GRAPH

emmawattson 2 / 4 1  
The line graph below show the household recycling rates in three different countries between 2005 and 2015.
Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

The line graph illustrates the percentage of domestic recycling in three different nations namely UK, France and Germany from 2005 to 2015.
Overall, it is evident that the proportion of recycling the waste from home in the UK and Germany increased steadily over this period whilst there is a decline in the number of household recycling in France.

In 2005, there was a difference of about 50% of waste recycling in France, compared to just 20% in Germany, making it the highest figure among all group. The UK accounted for a considerable amount of household recycling with about 35% in the same period. While the number of deposal recycled in each home in the UK and Germany continued to rise during this term, the ratio of that in France decrease significantly and then fluctuated slightly.

Having reached the peak of over 60% in 2015, the number of domestic waste that every home in the UK recycle was the highest figure among three different nations. Despite some fluctuations over the term, the proportion of France and Germany witnessed an increase to 40% and 59% respectively.

hmphuongg - / 2  
Your writing essay is fairly clear but there are also some small mistakes :
- ...recycling waste from home... (pharagraph 2 line 1)
- ...there was a decline... (pharagraph 2 line 2)
- ...among all groups (pharagraph 3 line 2)
- ...of that in France decreased significantly... (pharagraph 3 line 4)
- ... that every home in the UK recycled... (pharagraph 4 line 1)

Pay more attention to the tenses.
Deposal has nothing to do with recycling. The word describes the move of removing a person from a position of authority such as a king or government official. The wrong usage of this word in the essay will affect your LR score. You are scored on the accuracy of your word usage in that section. You need to be sure of the meaning of the word before you use it. One mistake will result in a point deduction for you in that scoring consideration. In the summary overview, you just forgot to mention that the measurement unit was in percentages. Additionally, you did not do a comparison paragraph for the parts of the line graph where the red line intersects with the other 2 color guides. That would have been the comparison part of the essay that would have fully kicked up your scoring consideration.
OP emmawattson 2 / 4 1  
Thanks so much for your comment on my essay!

Home / Writing Feedback / Domestic recycling - IELTS WRITING TASK 1 LINE GRAPH