Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Fall of birthrate and increase in the age of person 65 and over by 2030

Mriytunjay 4 / 8 2  
The birth rate in most developed countries is predicted to begin to fall over the next 50 years. By 2030 it is estimated that over one third of the population in most developed countries will be aged 65 and over. What effects on these predictions have on developed countries if they prove true? What can be done now to deal with this situation?

Recent awareness on the population growth has shifted the notion of the people of many countries. Mainly, large democracies such as India, China, are facing many social and technical issues in this regard. This led government of these countries to curb the growth of population. However, it has been observed that, over next 50 years the birth rate will begin to fall. Further, It has been noticed that, by 2030 the most developed countries will be aged 65 and over. This may produce significant adverse affect in population dynamics of countries. Hence, I believe measure should be taken to balance the population dynamics, so that a heterogeneity can be maintained.

Increase of population over 65 age will decline economical and social growth of the countries .It is a well known fact that young people are always the future of the nation, and play significant role for growth of a country. This is the reason developed countries like UK,USA, Australia are investing money on education and research to hone the skill and intellectual capacity of young minds (20-45 age group). However, by 2030 an increase of people over 65 age may form a community of people who might have invigorated to contribute significantly in research and dynamic growth of the country.

By the increase of population over 65 age, countries have to invest more on pension, health care and security require for this aged people. This may increase the expenditure of nation, and divert them from many critical issues like research and development in the field of agriculture, infrastructure. Again these people cant enhance their education level, thus nation may have to devoid of intellectual people require at the spur of moment.

In my opinion, government has to adopt policies such that population should be curbed in such a way that, it would produce heterogeneity among age group. This may balance our society and economy can be maintained. For instance, government should think of plans not for few decades but for a century. Moreover, policies should be conceptualized by taking both statistics and dynamics of demography. Finally, it would be a better option to adopt policies to maintain variations in age, so that they can be able to keep a dynamic age group who can contribute significantly for creation of a bright and prosperous future ahead.

Home / Writing Feedback / Fall of birthrate and increase in the age of person 65 and over by 2030