TOEFL: Films are so popular today mainly due to the benefits they bring to human beings

MarianaS 5 / 14 8  
Movies are popular all over the world. Explain why movies are so popular. Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.

Is there any film that makes you to recall the sweetest childhood memories, feel yourself happy or, on the contrary, upset and empathetic? Surprisingly, movies have already been popular among various groups of society long before television was invented. This is, in part, due to continuous increase in quantity of cinemas. Nowadays movies still play an important role in the massive culture because of the following reasons.

First of all, movies have positive medical effect on the psychological condition of a human. According to majority of experts in the realm of psychology, watching films facilitates recovery of the so-called inner energy resources. In fact, this treatment effect of movies is similar to talking to psychologist, although in this case you even do not have to leave your favorite sofa. Once, when I was angry with my friends, watching the well-known action movie has helped me to release my negative emotions and restore inner balance.

Moreover, films are popular because of important social function that they carry out - making and maintaining connections between people. Watching a movie, whether it is comedy, western or drama, in a warm family circle or side by side with your devoted friends is always associated with joy and pleasure. Therefore, I try to organize such meetings as frequent as it is possible in the modern busy world. Undoubtedly, sharing the same emotions of grief because of poor fate of the main character is what makes me and my family and friends closer and helps us understand each other significantly better.

In a nutshell, films are so popular today mainly due to the benefits they bring to human beings. In most cases, we are deprived of opportunity to visit a doctor or expensive entertainment centres in order to release stress, relax, and keep warm relations with our friends. In such cases a movie is what comes to our rescue.

Mariana Semehen ©

Thank you all:)
Mariana, you have gotten quite creative with your essay writing. This essay in particular shows that you have spent a great deal of time involving yourself in American culture and reading materials. Your reference to medical specialists point if view certainly proves that you have given great thought and consideration to the content of the essay. Your presentation shows a better grasp of the American English language and a developing ease and familiarity in the way that you write your essays. Good job! By the way, the part where you mention watching an American movie, please mention what movie it was so that it can serve as supporting evidence in the paragraph. Great work! I can't wait to read your next essay :-)

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL: Films are so popular today mainly due to the benefits they bring to human beings