financial education should be a mandatory component of the school program

loandinh 4 / 4  
Finance is an issue relating to all people during their lives. Every of us has to make financial decision every day in many daily activities. As a result, there is one question that has been raised for ages: when is the right time to start teaching children to manage and use money. Some people believe that government should take financial education into school curricula, but some disagree with this idea.

To begin with, parents think that if children are taught about money too early, they will be obsessed with money. That could result in valuing everything at a particular amount of money. In addition, they may talk about money all the time at home, at school and in public places. Gradually children become money-minded ones, which negatively affects their life in the future.

By contrast, beginning learning financial education from the early age helps children understand the important value of money. That leads them to use it reasonably. Money is an indispensable part in the society, but someone can become the slave of money if they can't master it. As being taught about money, children will be instructed how to spend money in the right way as well as how to plan future expenditure well in advance. Furthermore, thanks to money lessons, they may know how hard their parents earn a living. Because the world economy is going down now, making money is not an easy way. Thus, children who realize their parents' difficulties might love parents more and save cash instead of using it wastefully.

In conclusion, financial education has both pros and cons. However, the advantages are overweight the disadvantages. In my opinion, whether it becomes a school program or not, parents should teach their children money lessons for future positive effects.
jessiangela 2 / 4  
it's great writing abot financial education,but i think, you should add more negative effects about financial education. you can developed it, by giving an example maybe, to prove it, or make it sure. :) good luck

Home / Writing Feedback / financial education should be a mandatory component of the school program