How to give a presentation with ease and confidence?

vothiha 11 / 29  
I post bellow my essay with my best try. I hope that many people will be interested and give any suggestion for me to perfect it. Wish all of you Enjoyment in English every day!

Many people are often afraid of giving a presentation in front of a crowded audience. This weakness will prevent us from exposing our real ability and passing our knowledge down to other people. Personally, we can do a lot of things to make us feel less nervous and more confident. A good preparation of content, a hard practice and some strategies are the keys for our successful presentation.

First of all, we only can talk confidently about a subject matter if we understand thoroughly about it. We can collect all information on it from books, magazines, the internet, experts and so on. We also need to predict possible questions from the audience to prepare how to answer in advance. Furthermore, if we present by a slide show, the content of the slide show must be concise and interesting. For example, we should show data, if possible, in a form of diagrams, tables, or pictures.

Secondly, we should rehearse to practice many times as possible. The more you practice, the more confident you will be. We can ask our friends or family members to pretend the audience and give us advices about our performance. You try to speak clearly, influent, and attractive by knowing when you should raise, lengthen or strengthen your voice to impress important points.

Last but not least, some strategies you must remember is that you should go to bed early the night right before the presentation day. Try at this time maybe spoil all your effort by an unclear mind. It is advisable to wear a polite and formal clothes but not a fashionable one. More importantly, you have to go to the presentation hall early about 30 minute to assure all stuff ready such as light, a sound system, electricity, etc.

To sum up, if you prepare for all thing set up, the content as well as skills in addition to your belief, I guarantee you will have a successful presentation.
...talk confidently about a subject matter if we understand it thoroughly. about it.

Secondly, we should rehearse to practice as many times as possible.

This is great!! Your intelligence shows very much, even though you may struggle with English. I suggest you always give all your intelligent ideas even when you are afraid you might not be able to explan them perfectly in English. Can you add some ideas to this essay that are more profound? It is obvious that we need to know the subject, rehearse, and get enough sleep... but what about ideas that are more profound?

For example, you can mention Herbert Benson's book The Relaxation Response, or you can talk about using self-hypnosis! That would make the essay even more interesting.

You can also talk about the principles of rhetoric -- logos, ethos, and pathos. Those are good to learn about...

:)

Good luck!!!
OP vothiha 11 / 29  
Thank you for your praise. ­I know the language is my largest barrier that prevents me from stating my idea freely. But I am trying to conquer it. I appreciate all your willing assistant.

I tried to find and read Herbert Benson's book The Relaxation Response you recommended and drew many new inspiration. I will re-writing mu essay to perfect it.

Thanks again!

Home / Writing Feedback / How to give a presentation with ease and confidence?