What government can do to conserve energy resources?

whitney 21 / 38  
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Increase the price of gasoline and electricity is the only thing government can do to conserve energy resources.

It is well known that government plays a significant role in energy conservation. I reckon that there are three alternative means can be uesd by government in addition to increasing prices of electricity and gasoline.

To start with, government can invest money to explore new energy resource like solar energy , nuclear power and wind energy .

Electricity-producing solar technology is a very good choice for government's investment because the costs of it are more competitive with conventional electrical generating technology. Besides, solar energy can be used for space and water heating, and the costs are also low. Like solar energy , nuclear power is also not expensive . It costs the same as coal, and it produces large amounts of energy from small amounts of fuel.

...
mpleleaf04 1 / 3  
Yes, all these are all ways that the government can promote energy conversation. what you must ask yourself, however, are all these potential solutions viable? Where does the money come from? How will these projects be funded? You also must take in to account interest groups. Oil companies play a huge role in our government and have a large say in our country's energy policy.

I agree with all your potential solutions and these are great ideas.
vaishali1980 26 / 83  
If you want to support your opinion first you should clear about your statment

And later you should give those points.

Means you have to rearrange your essay properly
"Reckon" is not a common word in the region where I live (New England), but maybe it is used in other places. I just wanted to let you know. You could use the word "notice" instead if you wanted to.

Your paragraphs have only 1 or 2 sentences. I think you should google this: how to write a paragraph topic sentence.

Start with a topic sentence, and then make the whole paragraph all about the idea expressed in the topic sentence. It is okay to give a topic sentence like this: Many efforts other than raising prices of gasoline and electricity can be made to conserve energy. (Add more sentences to the paragraph to tell what those other efforts are.)

One paragraph = one idea.
One essay = One big idea made up of smaller ideas in paragraphs.

All of this can be one paragraph:
There are at lease least, in my opinion, two measures that can be taken by government. One is to enhance media coverage. Make recurring ... for energy conservation, available at these web-sites.

All of this can be one paragraph:
Ultimately, government can form partnerships with industries and nongovernmental organizations to enhance the effectiveness of measures for energy .... helpful to upgrade new houses to improve the energy performing. Third is to work with organizations that are opening up energy saving show homes to visitors.

In summary, Increase the price of ...
OP whitney 21 / 38  

Many efforts other than raising prices of gasoline and electricity can be made to conserve energy. I notice that there are three alternative means that can be used by government including exploring new energy resource, raise public consciousness, and form partnerships with industries and nongovernmental organizations.

To start with, government can invest money to like solar energy, nuclear power and wind energy. Electricity-producing solar technology is a very good choice for government's investment because the costs of it are more competitive with conventional electrical generating technology.Besides, solar energy can be used for space and water heating, and the costs are also low. Like solar energy , nuclear power is also not expensive . It costs the same as coal, and it produces large amounts of energy from small amounts of fuel. Different from the above two, a utility wind energy project requires large capital investment. However, because the wind turbines require no fuel, operating costs of wind farms are generally low.

Furthermore, government can raise public consciousness of energy conservation. There are at lease , in my opinion, two measures that can be taken by government. One is to enhance media coverage. Make recurring media coverage of government's energy conservation campaign to introduce energy saving methods and best practices. Moreover, publicize adverse effects of energy wasting to motivate people to participate in energy conservation.Another method is to establish related web-sites. Make information, regarding the outcome of international related conferences, the adverse effects and consequences of energy wasting, and what public can do for energy conservation, available at these web-sites.

Ultimately, government can form partnerships with industries and nongovernmental organizations to enhance the effectiveness of measures for energy conservation. In my opinion, government can do it from the following three angles. First is to use tax rebates as a means to attract companies in energy conserving products like energy-efficient car, electricity saving lamp and energy conservation refrigerator. Second is to provide free technical and practical guidance for companies. Take the house building industry. This guidance will be helpful to upgrade new houses to improve the energy performing. Third is to work with organizations that are opening up energy saving show homes to visitors.

In summary, Increase the price of gasoline and electricity is not the only thing government can do to conserve energy resources. Government can also invest in new energy resources, enhance public awareness, and work with industries and organizations.

Home / Writing Feedback / What government can do to conserve energy resources?