Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

IELTS ESSAY:Government responsibility to provide infrastructure and Defence not others

thakursajeeb 5 / 8  
Question: A government's role is only to provide defense capability and Urban infrastructure (roads, water supply etc.).All other services ( education, health services, social security) should be provided by private groups or individuals in the community. To what extent you agree or disagree?

It is believed that government has responsibility to provide adequate facilities for their citizens. It is also their duties for effective utilization of resources available within country for it's development.

It is the prime duty of government to provide defense capability and urban infrastructures of development like road, water supply, electricity etc.Only fulfilling these duties will not be sufficient.Government collects tax from citizens.Government should not think only about present, they have to make farsighted plan and policies, for the development of nation and upliftment of living standards of their citizens.For above mentioned things, it also comes under government's shoulder to provide quality education, better health facilities and better social securities.

Like other resources, Human resource is the pillar for country's prosperity.One of the difference between developed and underdeveloped country is the way how they manage their human resource. For effective utilisation of these assets, it is necessary to provide quality education, better health facilities, employment opportunities, , salary, allowances.Thus, it becomes the responsibility of the government to provide these facilities.In some cases, government might not have sufficient funds to allocate to these sectors.In such cases, government can implement plans and policies for private organisations to to invest in education, health and social security sectors and If possible may take loans, grants from organisations like World Bank, ADB,International communities in order to invest in these sectors.

In a nutshell, it is major responsibility of government not only to provide defense and urban infrastructure facilities but also quality education, better health facilities, social security for the development of nation but at the same time citizens also has to be responsible.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS ESSAY:Government responsibility to provide infrastructure and Defence not others