(IELTS graph)The average hours of unpaid work per week

joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
The diagram below shows the average hours of unpaid work per week done by people in different categories. (Unpaid work refers to such activities as childcare in the home, housework and gardening.)

Describe the information presented below, comparing results for men and women in the categories shown. Suggest reasons for what you see.
- You should write at least 150 words.
- You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

The given chat provides information about the unpaid working hours per week of both married men and women. at a glance, there is a significant rise between the weekly unpaid working hours of married women in these three categories, whereas, the number of unpaid working hours of men in these three categories had no considerable difference.

Turning to detail, the unpaid weekly working hours of married women with 1-2 children and more than 3 children have negligible difference in the unpaid weekly working hours. In case of married women without children are engaged in the unpaid weekly working hours, which accounts roughly near to half of the total working hours of that of married women in another two categories.

Married men without children are sharing unpaid household works, which is only 2/3rd of that of the married women in the same category. Married mothers of 1-2 children are doing nearly 3 times more than the weekly-unpaid hours of married men with 1-2 children. Married fathers of more than 3 children are sharing 1/3rd unpaid working hours weekly than that of mothers with more than 3 children.

In short, the number of children had no remarkable influence on the unpaid weekly working hours of the married men. On the contrary, the number of children had significant influence on the unpaid weekly working hours married women; it is increasing with the number of children.

- You should write at least 150 words.

You don't specify the three categories. You need to define both X and Y axes : ) It should be done here;
The given bar chart provides information regarding unpaid working hours per week of married men and women those who are without children, with children between one to two years and with children above three years.

at a glance, there is a significant rise between the weekly unpaid working hours of married women in these three categories, whereas, the number of unpaid working hours of men in these three categories had no considerable difference.

....I suggest you to send this line to the next para where you give more details. Start with this and support this with the statistics provided by the graph.

.... Very good conclusion and great observation :)
mhss 18 / 53 18  
at a glance, there is a significant rise IN the weekly unpaid working hours WITH THE ADVENT OF AN OFFSPRING TO THE FAMILY IN THE GROUP OF married women AS OPPOSE TO men in ALL three categories had no considerable difference.
OP joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
haI dumi and Desilva..

thanks for the valuable corrections and suggestions...

TESSY

Home / Writing Feedback / (IELTS graph)The average hours of unpaid work per week