Task 1 Ielts : The graph below gives information about the number of citizens in 4 Asian countries

tlinhng 1 / -  

percentage of the population living in cities

The line graph provided depicts the proportion of citizens in four Asian nations during a 70-year period, commencing from 1970, with predictions for 2030 and 2040. Overall, all four countries witnessed an upward trend in their percentages until 2020, and the datas are expected to continue increasing afterwards.

In the first 50 years of the time span, Malaysia and Indonesia experienced the most significant rise in their percentages of population living in cities. Starting from the mark of 30%, Malaysia's statistics gradually rose to reach the point of over 70% in 2020. Meanwhile, standing at the lowest point of 13% in 1970, Indonesia's data went up to the point of above 50%. Philippines and Thailand's percentages saw a less considerable increase, ending up at 44% and 36% respectively in the end of the period.

In the next 20 years, a gradual climb is going to be seen in all four countries' datas. Malaysia is anticipated to stand at the top, with beyond 80% of population settling down in cities, followed by 60% from Indonesia. Philippines and Thailand's proportions are forecast to roughly reach the same point of 50% after nearly a decade.

The summary overview is missing just a few more elements to make it a comprehensive summary. It is important to list the sources of information, in this case, the 4 countries. Without the mention of the countries, the trending sentence does not come across as very clear to the reader. Remember that you are trying to create an image in the mind of the reader, so you need to be as definite in your information presentation. The reader must see the image in their mind.

Reporting paragraph as well documented and have followed the correct minimum 3 sentence paragraph format. The writer shows that the analyzed the observable information for the benefit of the reader. However, you could have done a better job by also discussing the overlapping measurement points as indicated in the discussion image. That way you will earn extra points for making comparisons where relevant, in a minute way.

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 1 Ielts : The graph below gives information about the number of citizens in 4 Asian countries