(IELTS graph)the hours of leisure time/yr spend by people in Someland.

joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information in the table below.
- You should write at least 150 words.
- Allow yourself 20 minutes for this task.

The given table chart describes about the hours of leisure time/ year spend by people of different age groups in Someland. These age groups included teens, people in 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s and over 70 years of age. The leisure time activities under review are watching T/V videos, socializing with four or less and four or more people, engaged in individual and group exercises and watching cinema.

Turning to detail, the differences in hours per year spend for watching T.V/ videos by teens and people in 70s, 30s and 40s, 40s and 50s, 50s and 60s are only 100hrslyr. Socializing with 4 or less people there are same hours per year spend by people in 40s and 50s (250hrs/yr), 60s and 70s (200hrs/hr), teenagers and 20s (105hrs/yr). In case of socializing with more than 4 people the number of hours among people in 20s and teenagers (350hours/yr), 30s and 40s (50 hours/year), 50s, 60s, and over 70s, 25hours/yr are same.

While considering the hours/yr for individual exercises the same hours are spend by teenagers and people above 70 yrs, 30s and 40s, 200hr/yr. people over 70 yrs and 60s are not interested in group exercises while teenagers are giving the highest concern in this and spending 450hr/yr followed by people in 20s 350hr/yr. Those who are spending time by engaging in watching cinema, the equal numbers of hours can be observed among people of 20s and over 70s, 30s, and 60s, 50hr/yr, 40s and 50s 25hrs/yr.

In short, there were many similarities in spending time for leisure activities in different age groups in the people of Someland.

- You should write at least 150 words.

farbodsalahi 5 / 7  
It would be better off using real word instead of abbreviate. I mean rather than 450hr/yr, you can write 450 hour in a year.
The given table chart describesabout the hours of leisure time/ year spend by people of different age groups in Someland.

Turning to detail, the differences in hours per year spend for watching T.V/ videos by teens and people in 70s, 30s and 40s, 40s and 50s, 50s and 60s are only 100hrslyr.

.... here the most important information is the difference (100hrslyr), but it does not come clearly with too much details on people. I suggest;
The difference in hours per year spent for watching TV/Videos by all categories is only 100hrslyr.
Also, I am not in much favor of the phrase "Turning to detail"... In my view, this should read as a report and generally report should sound like a summary.

You are now quite good with your structure and presentation. When are you hoping to take the exam?

Home / Writing Feedback / (IELTS graph)the hours of leisure time/yr spend by people in Someland.