IELTS WRITING TASK 2: NOT HAVING CHILDREN AT A YOUNG AGE

Thanhtam2412 2 / 3 1  

More people decided to have children in their later age than in the past. Why?

Do advantages of this outweigh disadvantages?

Over the last few decades, an increasingly popular social trend among millennials is having children at an older age than their prior generations. This essay will present some underlying reasons of this modern choice.

To begin with, later age is widely perceived as perfect timing for upbringing a kid in terms of stable financial status. When young people have not settled down their career and life-long plans, they are not able to cope with a relatively burdening economic requirement of upbringing another individual. Consequently, the kids whose parents failed to provide adequate needs are in the sphere of lack of education, illnesses and social maladies. Moreover, the close relationships between family member are at risk due to the significant lack of time spent together since parents are involved in the nowadays incessant race to better salaries.

In addition, parenting demands several integral skills whereas younger individuals are not fully up to scratch. Taking care of a child entails patience, sensibility and numerous other dignities. If one cannot adopt these characteristics, bringing up the kid will turn out to be extremely tiring and stressful. More seriously, these uncomfortable feelings can transform into aggressive reactions or even domestic violence cases which stem from the hatred of incapability.

Opponents of this viewpoint may claim the negative effects of old-age pregnancy on the mother. However, this proposition is not completely convincing as modern convenience has offered much safer and affordable services which allow people to define their own perfect timing for parenthood.

In conclusion, this trend is proven to have positive impact on the modern social world. Despite a few indiscernible flaws, it will assure a brighter and more civilised future for our next generations.

I highly appreciate your constructive messages, also, I would be grateful if you could mark my essay. Thank you for your help!
wowthatscool - / 2  
1) in the introductory paragraph you say that you will explore the reasons, but you did not answer the main question: Do advantages of this outweigh disadvantages? It is better to answer precisely that, for example, «this essay will explain why there are more pros than cons regarding this issue». it is very important

2) it is better to use child than a kid, its more academic

3) word upbringing is used twice, better to use raise (or another synonym)

4) in the end, I would add straightforwardly that «there are more advantages...», to point it out to an examiner that you answered the essay question.

It has sophisticated vocabulary and idioms which is very good.

I personally was given band 7 for writing, so I am not an absolute expert and can`t evaluate your essay with a grade, just pointed out what caught my eye. I recommend watching youtube videos on writing 2. there are some good advices. Good luck!
Ta, due to the fact that you did not understand the discussion prompt and you changed the discussion format for the essay, you will automatically receive a failing TA score. The TA score requires you to show a clear understanding of the discussion requirements by showing that you properly responded to the prompt question or represented the prompt discussion requirements. You failed to accomplish this task because the original discussion question was:

Do advantages of this outweigh disadvantages? Why?

and your response was:

This essay will present some underlying reasons of this modern choice.

While your discussion topic representation is correct, the discussion response was so off the mark, I had no choice to give this essay a failing score for the TA section. Now, as you can see from the review given to you above for your actual essay writing, you have several other mistakes related to other scoring considerations that would definitely grant you a low to failing score in some instances. Therefore, this sort of essay writing will not find itself getting anywhere near a passing score had this been an actual test. You would have failed due to overall scoring considerations, but mostly because of the TA section failure on your part.

Before you continue to write practice tests, read the various Task 2 sample essays at this site first. Learn from those presentations. Discover the right and wrong way to respond to specific prompt instructions. That is the only way you can pass the test. Familiarize yourself before you write any more practice tests.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 2: NOT HAVING CHILDREN AT A YOUNG AGE