Task 2: high attention of either digital or printed media in the lives of extraordinary people

mita23 34 / 37 3  
The media pay too much attention to the lives and relationships of celebrities such as actors, singers or footballers. They should spend more time reporting the lives of ordinary people instead.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Popular person is always able to attract many aspects, especially media. Nowadays, either digital or printed media gives a lot of concern on the lifestyle of celebrities or football players, yet the opponents argue that it will be good if media pay attention to the live of infamous people. In my opinion, both statements are acceptable for some reasons.

With regard to the first argument, it is common for media to show a great deal of information about the living of famous person because the data can sometimes offer the positive effects to society besides for entertaining purpose. For example, knowing the healthy lifestyle of footballers can enlarge the knowledge of people about the interesting way to keep fit. Moreover, the citizens also are able to know how players obtain great achievement by watching their daily activities. Absolutely, this will create immense improvement of how people think of good quality of life. Therefore, there is no doubt that the routine of media which showing the glance of great people is useful to influence other people.

However, media also needs to give focus on ordinary people because many lessons can be gained from it in order to make same offerings for audience. Someone who lives under the line of poverty can be amazing object for media to concern about. This kind of ordinary people will make the government and society aware about them in which they have to be helped. Afterwards, by elaborating about what happens in the live of poor people can ignite the youth to prevent it by studying more diligently, so this is kind of inspiration sources.

To sum up, although people have different perspective about what data should be appeared in the media whether celebrities or ordinary people, I argue that both topics are crucial because they can provide knowledge of society in many sectors.
Crystal812 23 / 55 11  
Hi, mita, good passage structure. Do allow me to give some suggestions.

(1) After a clause, you may not want to use V-ing.
(2) I am not sure whether it is appropriate to say "give focus on". As usual, people use "focus on". "focus" itself can be a verb. Try to make the sentence simple.

(3)If you want to express how people think about something, what about using the phrase "perception about..." Someone in the forum taught me before, I like it and adopt it.

(4)Pay attention to plural and singular nouns.

Best wishes!
Mardy17 32 / 18 5  
Hy Mita 23, In my point of view, after I comprehend your writing, you seem more likely to describe both view rather than have to stand in the pros or cons statement. The task prompts you to an extent agree or disagree with the opinion of "They (red: Media) should spend more time reporting the lives of ordinary people instead." Tks.
Bunglon11 28 / 31 5  
hi @mita23 let me check your essay

here some corrections
your essay quiet good, well-organized

Most media tend to focus inon reporting celebrity lives.
While displaying the lives of a well-known person leads to many financial benefits...

... information of famous person's live since it could bringsbring(after modal you should use verb infinitive) positive effects toward ...
... immense improvement of perception about a good quality of life.

However, the media also needs (...) same offerings for the audiences .
... line of poverty can be an amazing object for media to concern about.
... the government and society aware aboutof them in which ...
... what happens in thelivelife of poor people can ignite the ...
To sum up, although people have a different perspective about what data should be appeared in the media whether ...

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 2: high attention of either digital or printed media in the lives of extraordinary people