IELTS 1: hydroelectric dam and wave-air generator generate electricity from renewable resources

ekalamarsyari11 72 / 108 9  
The diagram below show two methods of using water to produce electricity.

The provided diagrams illustrate how two methods produce electricity. They are hydroelectric dam and wave-air generator. The differences of those methods are its power resource and its mechanism to produce electricity. Hydroelectric dam use water from reservoir to rotate its turbine while wave-air generator's resource comes from waves.

The first method is hydroelectric dam consisted of a gate with width and an angle of penstock speed water up, a turbine and a spindle, and an electricity distributor. The gate which is directly connected with reservoir opens and closes to let in water. Then, width and angle of penstock increases the water speed into the turbine and spindle in order to rotate the generator and produce electric power. After that, electricity is distributed to power lines. Finally, water is released into river.

Another method is wave-air generator that is use wave as source of energy production. This device is stood by a lower chamber, a turbine and spindle, a generator, also an upper chamber. This method is begun when waves enter the lower chamber. Then it flows up to the upper chamber where the spindle rotates the generator to produces electric power. When this process happens, a part of air rises and turns turbine and spindle while other is released from the upper chamber.

In conclusion, both of hydroelectric dam and wave-air generator generate electricity from renewable resources. They work in different mechanism depended on kind of their power resources in which hydroelectric dam use water from reservoir whereas wave-air generator use wave power.

bung ilham 14 / 30  
aloha Eka, below are my suggestions for you

The diagram below shows two methods of using water to produce(generate) electricity.

... how two methods produce electricity. They are( hydroelectric dam and wave-air generator) . The differences of those methods are its power resource and its mechanism to produce electricity.

... from reservoir to rotate its turbine while wave-air generator's ...

The gate which is(reducing clause) directly connected with reservoir ...
After that, electricityis(will be) distributed to power lines. Finally, water is(can be) released into river.

Another method is wave-air generator that is useusing wave as source ...

... turns turbine and spindle while an other is released from the upper chamber.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS 1: hydroelectric dam and wave-air generator generate electricity from renewable resources