[IETLS Writing] the advantages of the government's spending on university fees

anhtu 1 / -  

supporting tuition by a government

In some countries, students have to pay their own college and university fees, but in other countries, government pays this amount. Do the advantages of the government's spending their money on college and university fees for a student outweigh the disadvantages

People have different views about the advantages of the government's expenditure for student's university fees. While in some countries, government expend their money on college and university fees for a student, I personally think that this amount should be paid by students.

On the one hand, I can understand that there are many benefits when government supports education costs for students. This will reduce the financial burden on students, student could only need to focus on learning. This also facilitates higher education's access for many students, especially underprivileged students. In short, government funding for university and college fees could help improve quality of education.

On the other hand, in my view, it is unnecessary when tuition fees are paid by government for all students. When going to school is free, it leads students being lack of responsibility in studying. College students are mature enough to handle their own education costs. Instead of receiving passively government subsidies, they can earn their own money and instead of spending money on helping student's fees, government could provide student loans which will be compensated after graduation. In addition, the governments have more importance concerns. For example, beside education which accounts for a large of amount, the state budgets need to be spent on other areas such as: healthcare, infrastructure and security.

In the final analysis, it is my opinion that the disadvantages of the government's spending their money on college and university fees for a student outweigh the advantages. The government should only support tuition for disadvantaged students, the others have to pay their own.
danggraini 1 / 3 1  
It would be better if you explain your point of view first rather than you explain the opposite sides. If you dissagree about government subsidies for education, then tell more point of reasons to show your argument.

good luck

Home / Writing Feedback / [IETLS Writing] the advantages of the government's spending on university fees