TASK 2 IETLS WRITING ON EDUCATION

Lydia65 1 / -  
Some universities offer online courses as an alternative to classes delivered on campus. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?

In recent times, more and more online classes are available and being considered to be a good study method for university students. Although there are some benefits, I would argue that there are far more disadvantages.

On the one hand, it is undeniably true that this trend contains some significant merits. First of all, time that is spent for transporting to school will be saved and used for other activities and purposes. For instance, instead of spending 30 to 45 minutes to travel to universities, pupils can spend it on completing tasks, do their part-time jobs and so on. Besides, patrol expense will increase remarkably, for some students living too far from school, they even have to hire a room near their school and this method will solve that accommodation problem.

On the other hand, this trend also have some disadvantageous aspects. Firstly it creates a sense of laziness among the students, and this attitude will gradually make students less dynamic, active and disciplined. More specifically, not going to school makes undergraduates find it hard to get access to those campaigns or some social activities at school, therefore can not develop team work and communication skills or experience new horizons. Another justification that should not be ignored is that learning at home can easily be distracted by many factors, as there is no supervision or force, undergraduates can do whatever they want such as: watching movies, surfing social media, chatting with friends and so on.

In conclusion, I once again reiterate my standpoint is that studying directly at school brings more advantages, both in academic knowledge and in social life. As a result, I strongly believe replacing traditional class with online one is a negative development.
You are not discussing the essay based on the correct task requirement. The question was, if this is a positive or negative development. You responded based on benefits and disadvantages, which are 2 totally different task 2 writing tasks. You clearly did not understand the writing task so you made a mistake in your writer's opinion presentation. This is an error that continued throughout the presentation as you used a comparison discussion in a single opinion essay discussion. The idea is to have you present 2 valid reasons why your point of view is the correct one. You have written the essay incorrectly from the very beginning. This is not a passing score presentation.

Home / Writing Feedback / TASK 2 IETLS WRITING ON EDUCATION