Impacts of and solutions for rural depopulation???

hungvud 19 / 30 6  
These days, it seems that an increasing number of people are leaving rural areas to live in the city.
Discuss some of the effect of rural depopulation and suggest some ways in which this trend could be reversed.

It goes without saying that nowadays there are more and more people moving from rural areas to the city in search of work and excitement. This trend evidently brings with it a lot of complicated issues. In this essay, I tend to discuss the impact of the rural depopulation and suggest some solutions to encourage people to live in rural areas.

Overcrowding in the city is undoubtedly not good. There is a rising number of cities throughout the world are suffering environmental problems such as air, noise and water pollution. As a result, the living standards are deteriorated while the price of houses is pushed to excessively high just because the supplies do not satisfy the demands. My city, Hanoi with more than 8 million people, is a particular good example of this. It is not so difficult to find a typical household in the centre of Hanoi with more than ten people living together in an extremely small area from 15 to 20 square meters. Needless to say, it is imaginable how well they live. To buy those houses, surprisingly, people need to spend million dollars for each. Aside from this, the uncontrolled growth of cities also leads to series of social problems such as, traffic jam, high unemployment rate, poverty, crime or even the creation of slums. If this situation lasts too long, it will affect seriously to the stability and prosperity of a society.

In order to stem the tide of rural depopulation, I believe we must address its root causes. To begin with, one of the important reasons why people keep moving to the city to live is that because the services and facilities there are much better than those in their hometown. Therefore, I firmly believe that urban and rural dwellers alike find the idea of country life far more appealing if high quality shopping centers, restaurants, cinemas, schools, libraries and hospitals were more readily available in the areas outside the city. Another important solution is that government should plan and make effective public transport systems that are convenient for every commuter to go to the city and everywhere. Obviously, there is no reason for you to stick to the city if it takes only 30 to 40 minutes to get there from your house by train or tram. Relocating large companies, factories and universities to the countryside is also a valid solution as they are the primary causes pushing people to leave rural areas.

In conclusion, it is my belief that although this problem is unlikely to be resolved in the short term, it is by no means insurmountable. I am convinced that more and more people, like me, will choose the country life as city life becomes less comfortable and more expensive.
joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Hai ...

Good essay.
Interesting and good flow..well organized.
all points you presented well,

Keep it up..

Tessy.
leeminh 5 / 17 2  
I think the task above ask you about effects of rural depopulation not overcrowding in cities, right ?? They are different to each other !! When you address the task only partially; the format may be inappropriate in places, you will take 5.0 ( sources : Ielts task 2 writing band descriptors; public version )
I like the essay. Very nice flow and you have presented your examples and arguments very well.

It is not so difficult to find a typical household in the centre of Hanoi with more than ten people living together in an extremely small area from 15 to 20 square meters.

.... very good example.... It catches the reader's eye. :)

If this situation lasts too long, it will affect seriously to the stability and prosperity of a society.

If this situation lasts too long, it will affect the stability and prosperity if a society in a negative manner.

Try talking about the problems caused due to unemployment. It undoubtedly has a direct relationship with the crimes committed in a city.

I agree ; )

Overcrowding in the city is undoubtedly not good.

The city becoming overcrowded would undoubtedly cause many harmful effects, ; )

My city, Hanoi with more than 8 million people, is a particular good example of this. I

Very good.... you need to support your argument with examples.

Now you follow the right structure!
OP hungvud 19 / 30 6  
Thank you guys so much for your kind comments. Please give me more comments on my next coming essays :) Cheers

Home / Writing Feedback / Impacts of and solutions for rural depopulation???