Individuals can do nothing on environmental issues, Agree or disagree?(TOEFL)

Allen Hu 8 / 26 4  
I am new here! Please help me review my essay! many thx for you ~

Recently the essential concern about environmental issues has been raised because of the decreasing environmental quality around the world. In this circumstance, some people may claim that the country should contribute to the recovery of the environment but individuals can do nothing about it. Nevertheless, as for me, individuals are also supposed to be responsible for environmental issues.

To begin with, according to an old saying:"the ocean consists of thousands of drops."If everyone in this world engages in the action of environmental protection, a powerful influence on the environment will be built. For instance, the gentleman who used the toilet does not forget to turn the faucet off, the people who walked on a road remember not to throw their trash bag on the street randomly. As discussed above, these are minor things that everyone can do to protect the environment. Obviously, environmental issues themselves are complicated, but what we can do to protect the environment are not complicated at all.

More importantly, at some certain circustmances individual can do something powerful far beyond he thinks he can do. Take the famous Amercian director Richard Barry as an example, as we all know, he is well-known for his masterpiece film "The cove", which is created through his experience in one of the Japan fishing ground. He just slipped into this fishing ground and taked bunchs of photographs and videos to record the cold-blooded conduct of sluggishing the dolphins by Japanese, In order to remember people to protect the valuable animals and our ecological system. And fortunately, he made it. As we can see, individuals are capable of doing something remarkable on our environmental issues.

Admittedly, countries should be more engaged in various environmental protection issues. The kyoto protocol is one of the accomplishment of the cooperation of the developing countries and the developed countries. On the other hand, people, of course ought to take the responisibilities of taking these theory into action, such as those theory in Kyoto Protocal. Only in this way can this world become clean and environmentally sustainable.

Having considered all the discussion above, it is extremely important for individuals to get involved in the environmental issues, even though the governments have reached all kinds of environmental protection protocol.
nancy07 3 / 5  
there are my views:

some people may claim that the government should contribute to the recovery of the environment but individuals can do nothing about it.

the gentleman who used the toilet does not forget to turn the faucet ====> the gentleman who does not forget to turn the faucet off after using toilet.

the people who walked on a road remember not to throw their trash bag on the street randomly ===> a person remember not to litter when walking on the road.

I hope they are ok :)). I like your ideas.
I'm freshman here so i do not know how to quote your essay >_<
OP Allen Hu 8 / 26 4  
I am new here too!
Anyway thanks a lot~

You can quote the essay just by highlighting the passage that you wanted to quote~
gmad06 20 / 151 55  
Recently the essential concern about environmental issues has been raised because of the decreasing environmental quality around the world

In this circumstance, some people may claim that the country should contribute to the recovery of the environment but individuals can do nothing about it

In recent times, concerns about the degrading quality of environment have been raised. In here you are talking about law authorities having the responsibility on taking

care of the individual. Well, you don't need to. The prompt is asking about the individual only so focus your theory on that.

For instance, the gentleman who used the toilet does not forget to turn the faucet off, the people who walked on a road remember not to throw their trash bag on the street randomly. As discussed above, these are minor things that everyone can do to protect the environment.

You have good examples, but you need to rephrase them to be understood clearly.

Obviously, environmental issues themselves are complicatedcomplex , but what we can do to protect the environment are not complicated at all.

try to use synonyms so that your sentence won't look redundant.

Overall, you need to redo some of your sentence and I left out some grammar issues. Make them more understable by using subject-verb agreements.The essay structure is fine you just need

to emphasize your main ideas on the initial part of the paragraph though.

If this is truly your first time. Not bad! Cheers.
OP Allen Hu 8 / 26 4  
Thanks a lot~Actually it's not my first essay, it's just the first time that I login in this website!

Anyway, thanks for your review again!
In this circumstance,

In this background

some people may claim that thea country should contribute to the recovery of the environment but individuals can do nothing about it.

when you say "country" it includes people (individuals) too. So, better you use the word "government"

recovery of the environment

... it is not really recovering the environment, but it is a matter of protecting and conserving the environment

To begin with, according to an old saying:"the ocean consists of thousands of drops.

.... this is an incomplete sentence... you need to tell the connection of this saying to your idea.
OP Allen Hu 8 / 26 4  
OH, thanks for your revise a lot!!!
I would work on these details you have mentioned!

Home / Writing Feedback / Individuals can do nothing on environmental issues, Agree or disagree?(TOEFL)