Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

[IELTS WRITING TASK 2] Juvenile delinquency. Cause/Solution?

Duy Dang 6 / 15  
IN SOME COUNTRIES, A HIGH PROPORTION OF CRIMINAL ACTS ARE COMMITTED BY TEENAGERS.

WHY HAS THIS HAPPENED? WHAT CAN BE DONE TO DEAL WITH THIS?

In this day and age, more and more young individuals resort to crime, and this has been a major concern in numerous countries. This essay will discuss why unequal distribution is a significant driver of criminal activities and give a potential solution to combat crime effectively.

Unequal distribution of resources and opportunities is a common precursor to criminal acts. In light of the fact that several young people have to face poverty and limited access to education and employment, it can drive young individuals to resort to criminal activities in their pursuit of financial stability or quick gains. Take numerous disadvantaged areas as a case in point, young people living there must cope with not only famine, detrimental health problems, and pandemics day by day but also low access to quality education. Consequently, the crime rate there is usually higher than in other regions.

To break the cycle of youth crime, extending access to quality education, particularly in disadvantaged areas, is the most effective solution. It is national and local authorities' responsibility to strengthen education establishments and provide after-school programs, they need to offer scholarships that could enable students to acquire indispensable skills and seize brighter opportunities. The education system in Singapore, for instance, is one of the highest quality of education. Nevertheless, they provide a wide range of scholarships and encourage children to go to school as well, so that policy plays a significant role in curbing crime rates.

In conclusion, unequal distribution is the culprit of juvenile delinquency, and governments should allocate resources to foster access to quality education for adolescents to deter them from turning to young offenders. Only by doing so can we maintain sustainable and dynamic development.

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELTS WRITING TASK 2] Juvenile delinquency. Cause/Solution?