Juveniles should receive the same punishments as the adults. To what extend do you agree or not?

Maeve111 1 / -  

youth crime punishment

The number of crimes in recent years is rejuvenating, which poses a serious threat to society. Many people reckon crimes among young adults should be received the punishments as the mature. By contrast, I am totally disagree with this statement. In this essay, I am going to support my viewpoint.

Firstly, it is irrefutable that young people often behave with emotional motivation rather than rationality. Thus, they could commit a crime by mistake for not controlling themself. That they are not mentally mature enough to fully be aware of the consequences of their actions, along with the fact that they are dominated by their emotions, breaking the law is an unavoidable result. In addition, when they are too young and lack social understanding, they could easily be lured into social evils. For example, the juvenile who is bullied at school for a long time could fight back against the bully when he could not bear bullying anymore. As a result of being out of control, he might cause physical harm to others. Hence, it is unfair if this boy had to receive a punishment as an adult.

On the other hand, imposing serious punishment on juveniles might cause acute pain. According to the above instance, if the boy had to be punished by law, which would become a hole in his coat and it is hard for him to have a better future. Moreover, when the children commit an offence, they are vulnerable to the far-reaching consequences that come with it. They tend to be a bad person and easily reoffend with the high potential of repeating that type of conduct. To illustrate, a massive number of people in society have unfriendly look and look down on people who used to be lawbreakers, which makes it difficult to find an orthodox job and thus, they might be forced to commit crimes as a way of making a living.

In conclusion, we should raise children's awareness of the context of law and educate the children on keep emotions under their control rather than imposing stricter punishments on them.
rejuvenating

Be careful with your word usage. The wrong word can decrease your LR, GRA, and C+C scores. Rejevenating means to re-energize. I am not sure what you are referring to in this instance so you can see why the examiner himself would be confused by this reference.

In this essay, I am going to support my viewpoint.

This does not help to deliver a clear opinion as needed for the opinion score. Sure you responded to the degree question, but what was the basis for the opinion? Share it with the examiner immediately. Tell him the short version of why you have that opinion. That way the paragraph will gain full scoring considerations.

On the other hand,

Do not oppose your own opinion. The examiner will be forced to score you on the basis of an unclear opinion because you have not clearly established your supporting reasons. Never falter from your reason in a single opinion, non comparison essay. You could fail the test that way.

Home / Writing Feedback / Juveniles should receive the same punishments as the adults. To what extend do you agree or not?