The majority of people take the view that building libraries are not useful, while Internet exist

mardian24 46 / 75  
Some people think it is a waste of money to establish libraries since the public can use the Internet at home to obtain information, do you agree or disagree?

The majority of people take the view that building libraries are not useful owing to the fact that, internet can handle people for getting information. However, I personally would believe that I totally agree with this statement since internet has covered much significant news. This essay will first discuss about people are seldom to visit the library due to internet and library is ancient way for people to acquire new information and money can be used to build another facility.

To begin with, money can be used for other interests due to the fact that, internet can make everything simpler and I am sure that people tend to choose internet than library to discover new information. Based on the research by University of Southampton is stated that the number of visitors in Bristol library fell extremely while internet could cover many places in the world in 2007. Fast and simple by using internet make people tend to seldom go to the library. Up to a point, this is true but there is a limitation at the same information which only can find in library.

A further reason is that library is an old way for people to explore new information, while internet have changed people' habit to come to library. It is better to use money to build new internet sport or do a research about internet which can be used whenever we are. For instance, in Indonesia these days government prefer to use money to make internet car while can be reached in rural area. This authority is true because the money will be more effective and straight to the point than e-book.

All in all, I totally agree that it is not significant to build many libraries because in recent day's people seldom visit library and it is old way that people have left to come to library in new modern era.
Mardian, some comments about your writing style. In the opening paragraph, you wrote a redundancy in reference to your supporting the move that establishing libraries is a waste of money. You could have just said that "I believe" or "I totally agree..." You need not have combined the two phrases in one sentence. Avoiding redundancies will help to boost your score because you will have a chance to improve your lexical resource and grammatical range and accuracy scores. By showing that you know how to use the English phrases, in the right context, you will show a heightened English usage ability.

Another point of concern for me as a reviewer, is that you are referring to information dating back to 2007. That makes the information over 9 years old. If you wish to cite accurate and acceptable information in this type of essay, your information must not be older than 5 years old. Anything older than that is considered inaccurate due to the age of the information. It tends to become irrelevant and thus, inapplicable to the essay. You need to always use the most up to date information. However, in this sort of test, you will not have the time to research the latest information prior to presentation. So I would suggest that you simply use the knowledge and information that you already know about the topic in your discussion. That way, you get to prove that you truly understand the everyday concerns presented by the prompt. Needless to say, basing the response on your personal experience or notable commonly known and remembered information will be better for your essay than trying to impress the reviewer with almost 10 year old information.

Home / Writing Feedback / The majority of people take the view that building libraries are not useful, while Internet exist