[IELTS TASK 1] MAP ABOUT A UNIVERSITY'S SPORTS CENTRE

ehetenandaiyo 2 / 1  

The plans below show the layout of a university's sports centre now, and how it will look after redevelopment.

The two maps illustrate the design of a university's sports centre and its transformation proposal. Overall, the complex is planned to undergo significant changes regarding the size and recreational facilities.

At present, there is a large building in the middle, which is flanked by two outdoor courts. Inside the building, there is a reception facing the main entrance. The heart of this structure is a 25m pool, bordered by a changing room to the west, a gym to the north and some seats to the east.

The future plans show no changes to the existing facilities, apart from the widening of the gym to the east side. However, the two rectangle courts are bound to be replaced by other amenities. While a large leisure pool will be constructed on the original site of the western court, the emergence of a new sports hall and two dance studios will take place on the eastern end. Two additional fitting rooms, which adjoin a café and a small shop, will be placed on either side of the entrance.

The future plans show no changes to the existing facilities

When you indicate a change in the gym size, a change is made to the existing facility. The statement should therefore indicate a minimal change to the orginal rather than no changes. There will always be a degree of change in the comparative images. Nothing will remain unchanged. This is standard for all Task 1 comparative images. Focus on finding and comparing the changes no matter how minimal.

The analysis is pretty much on point but too summarized for the second paragraph. Try to balance the report sections with at least 3 sentences each. Since the gym is to be changed in shape and size, it should be a highlighted sentence in the paragraph.
david2004 2 / 5  
You should split your opening and your overview into 2 separated passages since this might affect your C.C score. Also, try to balance the body of your essay by adding to your first body paragraph another sentence.
gbach 3 / 8  
@ehetenandaiyo
You should give the overview a particular paragraph with 2 sentences
''The future plans show no changes to the existing facilities, apart from ...'', which is not true bc almost everything changes
kieuthu 1 / 1  
Because there are parts changed and remained unchanged in the proposal, you should divide the body into 2 points to describe.
hungnk - / 2  
In my view, I suppose that the major change of this sports centre is that there won't be any outdoor sports areas in the future, instead of that it will be converted into a closed centre with a larger size. The change of the size was mentioned in your overview, but you did not support this.

Moreover, I also agree that there is no point in mentioning about there is no change to existing facilities as, for the most part, there will always be changes on IELTS map essays.
It's essential for you to divide the introduction and the overall paragraph into 2 single paragraphs.

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELTS TASK 1] MAP ABOUT A UNIVERSITY'S SPORTS CENTRE