Some minority languages have a risk of disappearing, it's governments responsibility to protect them

mmm3388tw 1 / -  
Topic:
Several languages are in danger of extinction because they are spoken by very small numbers of people. Some people say that governments should spend public money on saving these languages, while others believe that would be a waste of money.Discuss both these views and give your opinion.

My essay:

It is true that some minority languages have a risk of disappearing. People have divergent views about whether governments should spend money on preserving these languages. Personally, I believe that governments have responsibilities to saving languages that are spoken by a number of people.

On the one hand, some people think that governments should not waste money on preserving some minority languages. First, expensive education programs will be needed to introduce many facilities, teachers, and marketing, etc. these will cost a large sum of money. Therefore, some people think governments should spend money on other public facilities. Second, it will indeed be more convenient for people to use single language in their country. And also governments can govern countries efficiently.

On the other hand, I am contented that minority languages cannot be destroyed. First, a language is much more than simply a means of communication. It has a vital connection with the cultural identity of people who spoke it. Therefore, if languages disappear than a whole way of life will disappear with it. Second, languages contain rich cultural diversity including traditions, customs, and behaviors that are part of a country`s history. By spending money on saving these languages, a variety of cultures will preserve simultaneously. Third, men are created equal. Everyone has their rights for using their own languages even if their languages are in danger of extinction.

In conclusion, it seems to me that governments should protect languages from disappearing. So it is reasonable to spend public money on preserving them.
Dawn01 19 / 33  
Hi, mmm3388tw !!

I want to focus on the context. You state many idea but you don't analyze them deeply in order to shape a clear and consistent idea.

I think you need to extend your arguments and to add some historical or real-life examples. I suggest that you speak for example about Denmark. The only country speaking Danish.It's population is less than 6 millions. But, danish government manged to save its language because they include it in educational system. Even in college, students study scientific subjects like Math, physics and biology with their native language. In a word, we don't need too much funds to save minorities' languages.

My final advice is that you need to extend your knowledge in order to write well. Writting is not only about grammar and style but also about knowledge and insights.

Keep practicing!
Good luck!!
Mmm, first of all, the essay is quiet short, I know you still have a lot more ideas to write.
Anyhow, I will input my remarks and follow through;

-...I believe that governments have responsibilities to savingsave languages..
- On the oneother hand,..
- thesethis will cost a large sum of money.
- On the other handcontrary ( "on the other hand", this phrase has been used in the previous paragraph, if you can, avoid using phrases multiple times) ,

- I am contented that minority languages cannot be destroyedforgotten .
- First, a language is much more than simply asimple means of communication.
- It has a vital connection with the cultural identity of people who spokespeak it.
- Therefore, if languages disappear thanthen a whole way of life will disappears with it.
- SecondNext , languages
- Everyone has their rights fortousinguse their own languages even

Mmm, I agree with you view on preserving this local dialects as how I call it, I speak about 5 local dialects from my native country and believe me, I'm more proud in knowing this languages than telling people that I speak 2 or more international languages, why?, Simply because I also want to teach the next generation about this dialects.

With my remarks on your essay, I hope it helped a little bit.

Home / Writing Feedback / Some minority languages have a risk of disappearing, it's governments responsibility to protect them