Home / Writing Feedback   % width   Posts: 3

It is not necessary to travel to other places to learn the culture of other people.

nateq136 2 / 1  
Topic: It is not necessary to travel to other places to learn the culture of other people. We can learn just as much from books, films and the internet.
Do you agree or disagree?

In today's interconnected world, many people believe that one can gain an in-depth understanding of other cultures through books, films, and the internet without the need to physically visit those places. While these resources offer valuable insights, I strongly believe that they can never replace the authentic experience of traveling and engaging with a culture firsthand.

On the one hand, books, films, and the internet provide a convenient and accessible way for people to explore different cultures. With the rapid development of technology, individuals now have access to vast amounts of information from various sources, ranging from documentaries and scholarly articles to virtual tours and online cultural events. These resources can effectively introduce the history, traditions, and daily life of a culture to anyone interested. For example, documentaries often provide well-researched insights into the cultural practices of indigenous communities or ancient civilizations, allowing individuals to broaden their horizons without leaving their homes.

Nevertheless, despite the convenience and wealth of information available online and through media, there are certain aspects of a culture that cannot be fully understood unless experienced in person. Traveling allows individuals to immerse themselves in the sights, sounds, and atmosphere of a culture, creating a deep emotional connection that books and films simply cannot replicate. When one visits a foreign country, the have the opportunity to engage with the local people, taste authentic cuisine, and participate in cultural activities, all of which contribute to a more nuanced and genuine understanding. For instance, reading about traditional festivals might provide useful knowledge, but witnessing and participating in these festivals firsthand of offers a much richer experience.

In conclusion, while books, films, and the internet serve as valuable tools for learning about other cultures, they cannot replace the profound impact of experiencing a culture firsthand. Traveling provides the opportunity to engage with a culture on a deeper, more personal level, which ultimately leads to a fuller and more authentic understanding

--------
Please give me some feedback. Thanks a lot!

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15168  
Your reasoning paragraphs are confusing to read. You cannot offer a supporting explanation for each of the given opinions in the original statement. You were asked to provide an opinion as a part of your writer's opinion and thesis statement. You did this very well in the first paragraph, but then failed to fully support your given opinion in the reasoning paragraphs. You have to remember that you are expected to support only your opinion in a single opinion presentation such as this one. When you support both opinions, altering your thesis statement in the process, you will receive a failing mark because of a confusing opinion (GRA deductions) and, what the examiner will more than likely consider an under developed explanation.
phucan9906 3 / 5  
In the first paragraph, you should write your view 'i strongly agree' or 'i disagree' at first, that can make the examiners more sympathy.

Home / Writing Feedback / It is not necessary to travel to other places to learn the culture of other people.
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: