News objects - celebrities and ordinary people

Beauty17 56 / 88 5  
The media pay too much attention to the lives and relationships of celebrities such as actors, singers or footballers. They should spend more time reporting the lives of ordinary people instead.

To what extent do you agree or disagree

Prominent people such as actors, singers or footballers are more prestige to become news objects than an ordinary person for the journalists. I tend to disagree with these notions. Whereas, celebrities are more important, but unwell-known citizens must be attention by media.

The lives of inhabitants should not be ignored by news hunter. It is because information about the condition of them will become a picture of community of citizens in a nation, and it will make other people know what problem that they have, and also what solution that able to give for them. For example, the improvement of quality life of inhabitants in Flores, Indonesia after media reported about clean water issue in that place. As a result, many donors help to build water transport system in Flores. Although, this information is important to know people conditions in other places, but celebrities news are more essential.

Celebrity life is attractive news for citizens. Artists, singers, and football players are public figures for society.Thus, it more crucial to update about their recent information. It is because all of people know about them, and ordinary people also put their attention to those well-known persons. Taking Raffi Ahmad who an Indonesia artist as an example. The television program about his household and daily live has highest rating of viewer than other television shows. This is a proof that media and also viewer put much their attention to his live.

To sum up, media never ignore information of famous celebrities like actors, singer, or footballers. I believe, news about them more fascinating than about ordinary people lives although it also important to report news about common inhabitants.
IvanMS027 43 / 56 9  
Hi Beauty17. Here are my suggestions for you

I hope it can be helpful for you

1. more prestige to become news objectsheadline than an ordinary person for the journalists

2. with these notions this notion.

3.

Whereas, celebrities are more

whereas is used to give a contrast information.

Here is the explanation from CALD:

compared with the fact that; but
Example: He must be about sixty, whereas his wife looks about thirty.
You eat a massive plate of food for lunch, whereas I have just a sandwich.

4. many donors helphelped to build water transport

5. to those well-known personspeople

6. in other places, but celebrities news are more essential. actually, I think that your explanation in your first body is very strong. you provided the strong reason but you didn't provide the stronger reason in your second body paragraph. I suggest you making your reason in your second body paragraph stronger than the first one.

To sum up, media never ignore information [...] news about common inhabitants.

you can emphasize it from you main idea from each paragraph. It seems that your conclusion is not strong enough. and make sure that the conclusion has the same meaning as same as your overview.

hope it can be helpful for you.
Goodluck. :)

Home / Writing Feedback / News objects - celebrities and ordinary people