It is observed that in many countries not enough students are choosing to study science subjects

tranthanh1992 1 / -  
It is observed that in many countries not enough students are choosing to study science subjects. What are causes? And wat will be effects on society?

Exploring declining science study enrollments

In recent years, in some parts of the world, science subjects have been witnessed declines in attracting the interest of students who have just graduated from high school. This essay will outline the potential causes of this phenomenon and its social impacts.

The difficulty of studying science has been widely regarded as the primary reason. Students often complain about a great deal of time and effort they have to devote to studying complex definitions and abstract knowledge involved in scientific subjects. Therefore, these subjects are exclusively suitable for those who are highly committed and talented.

Unfortunately, the majority of these students often highlight their concerns about the financial pressure of working in science. In many parts of the globe, especially in developing countries, many individual scientists spend their time not only conducting scientific research, but also applying for funding. However, the role of science has been often undervalued, thus, it is difficult for them to receive endowments from the public. As a result, most brilliant students tend to pursue well-paid occupations, such as finance, IT, or marketing instead of study science subjects.

It is undeniable that if governments do not intervene immediately, the shortage of professionals in the field of science can occur in the not-too-distant future. It is no wonder that this will slow down the pace of technological and scientific advancement. In particular, fewer technical innovations would occur each year, and existing scientific programs would be terminated. For example, the process of developing new vaccines would be decelerated due to the lack of medical professionals, which adversely impacts the treatment of millions of patients around the world.

In conclusion, according to the above analysis, the difficulty of science subjects and financial burdens are two predominant causes of the declines in science enrollments experienced in many countries. Without the intervention from governments, this trend will have numerous negative effects on the society.
peacock34 1 / 4  
I think the context of the essay is adequate

Home / Writing Feedback / It is observed that in many countries not enough students are choosing to study science subjects