Online shopping: do the pros outweight cons? - ielts essay - estimated score and advice

tteruchan65 1 / -  
Topic: Buying things on the Internet, such as books, air tickets and groceries, is becoming more and more popular. Do the advantages of shopping in this way outweigh the disadvantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Online shopping has become more prevalent among consumers, igniting curiosity as to whether it is negative or positive. I believe that the benefits of this purchasing habit can eclipse its drawbacks.

Opponents of digital shopping may cite the lack of tangibility required for consumer experience. This is because when purchasing online, people hardly have the opportunities to touch, feel, and check if the products meet their needs or not, potentially leading to dissatisfaction if they do not receive exactly what they expected previously. However, it is important to note that there exist shopping online regulations imposed, allowing customers to return unqualified goods and recoup the money. This policy renders the aforementioned worry almost unnecessary.

Admittedly, there is also an argument that online shopping can come at the expense of environmental implications. Innumerable products delivered regularly, coupled with non-degradable packaging, plastic waste, and vehicle emissions from every delivery, they say, pose a grave threat to the environment, leading to air pollution and a rubbish-infested environment. Notwithstanding being true to an extent, the concerns regarding packaging and waste can be addressed by the transformation into environmentally friendly packages, which has already been applied in some countries. Also, If vehicles are not used for delivery, it is still utilized for other purposes such as daily commutes, and thus still perpetuating air-related problems.

Another pronounced merit of digital shopping is that it offers unparalleled convenience, allowing consumers to browse, compare, and purchase goods from the comfort of their homes simply with a click of a button and internet access. Furthermore, buying things online can help people save a considerable amount of money. To explain, digital shopping platforms or websites often provide buyers with vouchers, special sale occasions, or free shipping codes. Finally, online purchasing can bring about more buying choices, often better than what is available in brick-and-mortar stores as it includes countless brands from local to international, along with their products, catering to people's demand for shopping.

In conclusion, while online shopping presents some disadvantages, the overall picture suggests that the upside is more significant, given its convenience offered, countless purchasing choices, and the fact that it aids in saving money.
Your essay is over discussed. You only need have presented 2 reasons for your opinion. Believe me, you did a very good job of comparing the cons and pros of online shopping in your paragraphs. It shows logical thinking and an ability to create a coherent and cohesive discussion based on common knowledge. It is important that you learn to limit your presentation since you are working within a limited time basis. Focus on the quality of your writing in terms of LR and GRA considerations. These are the only weak points in your presentation that could have been avoided if you did not create the unnecessary 3rd discussion paragraph. Remember, all task 2 essays need only 2 reasoning paragraphs. If written well, as you did here, you are sure to pass the test.

Home / Writing Feedback / Online shopping: do the pros outweight cons? - ielts essay - estimated score and advice