Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

writing part 2 ielts_ Sugary products should be made more expensive to encourage people to consume

ngoct8819 1 / -  
Many manufactured food and drink products contain high level of sugar, which causes many health problems. Sugary products should be made more expensive to encourage people to consume less sugar. Do you agree or disagree?

Nowadays, many sugary-related diseases such as diabetes become more and more popular alongside the promotion of manufactured food and drink with a great amount of sugar. It is believed that people should increase the cost of these products in order to prevent consumers from absorbing too much sugar. Personally, I totally disagree with this argument.

Firstly, highly sugary-contained foods are extremely easily accessible. Having recognized the profit from selling them, the supermarket owners have the tendency to put them in the most seeable places with the aim of attracting as many people as they can. Therefore, in a store, with a wide range of manufactured food and drink added with some nutritious stuff, consumers are likely to choose the more familiar products which are sugary ones.

Secondly, It is their personal right to decide whether to buy products containing high levels of sugar. That is the reason why even when the prices of those products are leveraged but still could not prevent them from buying them. They will cut other expenses just to afford it and fulfill their desire. Moreover, the more far-fetched things are, the more people want to have. That is an instinct within human nature.

Thirdly, the fault lies not in the food itself but the buyer. The reason why people have health problems due to absorbing too much sugar is because they do not have enough self-discipline and commitment with their health.

In conclusion, by only raising the cost of sugary food and drink, it is impossible to limit people's consumption. The best solution is that the government executes a policy to reduce the manufacture of this kind of product.

Thank you so much for helping me.

Home / Writing Feedback / writing part 2 ielts_ Sugary products should be made more expensive to encourage people to consume