Past Paragaph - "sell-as-much-as-we-can" method

Bani 4 / 5  
Our assignment is to write a paragraph about the past tense with correct spelling, grammer, capitilisation, orginisation, punctuation etc. It should have a proper paragraph sturucture. Can you please check if for me. Are the topic sentence and conclusion sentence good?

From the old days of marketing (before the 1950s) when marketing scholars were very unconcerned about the customers point of view to after 1950 there was a big difference in the marketing procedures. Before the 1950s marketing often meant finding strategies and tactics to selling more products and services without even thinking about what customers themselves wanted.

Back then, companies used a "sell-as-much-as-we-can" method without a concern about building relationships for the long term. In my opinion, this is not a nice or the proper way to think about the customers with. But after the 1950 there was a drastic change in the way the marketing scholars looked at the consumers. After the 1950s, companies started looking at the point of view of the consumer they started to believe that they should think about building a better relationship and behavior between sellers and buyers and only after that should they do the process of marketing products and services. This would then benefit a company and therefore could increase their sales. This is the drastic change of the main Marketing Strategy marketing scholars used from before the 1950s and after the 1950s.

Thanks and Regards :)
vxu13 - / 2  
in sentence 1, customers needs an apostrophe. it should be customers'. and i think you need a comma after "to after 1950" (to after 1950,)
sentence 2... "Before the 1950s [insert comma]"
paragraph 2... take out "in my opinion"... that phrase makes your point weaker rather than stronger

looks good!
OP Bani 4 / 5  
thanks so much... I made the changes here, do you think the first sentence and last connect and everything in general conects together.

From the old days of marketing (before the 1950s) when marketing scholars were very unconcerned about the customers point of view to after 1950, there was a big difference in the marketing procedures. Before the 1950s, marketing often meant finding strategies and tactics to selling more products and services without even thinking about what customers themselves wanted.

Thanks im almost done doing urs :)
aleckdanielle 2 / 23 6  
I would take out the first sentence, because you already say that in the second sentence and the second sentence is stronger.

You can instead write "In my opinion, this wasn't proper or appropriate." Instead of "in my opinion, this is not the nice or proper way to..."

This sentence got super wordy:
After the 1950s, companies started looking at the point of view of the consumer they started to believe that they should think about building a better relationship and behavior between sellers and buyers and only after that should they do the process of marketing products and services

What happened to change the marketing strategy?
I feel like there's two different voices in the paragraph. The first couple and the last two sentences. The last two sentences felt weak so i would tighten it up.
xamanda 8 / 21 2  
From the old days of marketing (before the 1950s)I'd say "Before the 1950s," because as you're talking about marketing scholars it's implied that you're talking about marketing when marketing scholars were very unconcerned about the customers' point of view to. A fter 1950, there was a big difference in the marketing procedures. Before the 1950s, marketing often meant finding strategies and tactics to selling more products and services without even thinking about what customers themselves wanted.

Back then, companies used a "sell-as-much-as-we-can" method without a concern about building relationships for the long term. In my opinion, this is not a nice or the proper way to think about the customers with . But after the 1950 there was a drastic change in the way the marketing scholars looked at the consumers. After the 1950s, companies started looking at the point of view of the consumer they started to believe that they should think about building a better relationship and behavior between sellers and buyers and only after that should they do the process of marketing products and services.(this sentence is unclear) This would then benefit a company and therefore could therefore increase their sales. This is the drastic change of the main Marketing Strategy that marketing scholars used from before the 1950s and after the 1950s.

Home / Writing Feedback / Past Paragaph - "sell-as-much-as-we-can" method