Is paying taxes enough? Writing IELTS Task 2 attempt

ayibram 6 / 16 2  
Question:
Some people think paying taxes is a big enough contribution to their society, while others think people have more responsibilities as members of society than only paying taxes

paying taxes as the only contribution to the society

It is considered by many that paying taxes is adequate to contribute to the society and the country as well, while some believe that is not enough and there are many obligations that we can contribute as a citizen. I will be discussing both debatable arguments in this essay.

On the one hand, those who argue paying taxes is enough coming from several reasons. Firstly, perhaps, they believe that arguments should take care of remain responsibilities such as providing facilities and sophisticated infrastructure. They generally believe that contributing money through taxes will directly solve all problems related to their country. Eventually, by this perspective, they tend to be an apathy person in their daily life and not consider other things as their problems.

On the other hand, others believe that there are other contributions that could be given to the national development besides paying taxes. Firstly, by giving their own ideas to the country's development plan is considered as a valuable contribution. In addition, people might help to grow their country by making a positive movement, organisations or institutions that aligned with the country's long-term plan. It must be said that there are many ways to show our contribution to our country besides paying taxes.

Overall, it seems advisable that the contribution to the society is not only about paying taxes, but also giving our best efforts, such as giving innovative ideas or joining positive organisations might be valuable to the national development as well as the society. It seems to me that we need to contribute more both in paying taxes and giving our other contributions based our specialty to our the country.

Please kindly review my essay :)
rubychautran 10 / 27 7  
I think you should include the requirement of the question, like what exactly it's asking you to do. Is it to state your opinion, to argue both sides, or does it ask if you agree or disagree with the idea? Without this it would be impossible to assess your essay, because we wouldn't know if you met the requirements or not.
Aulia, since this is an agree or disagree essay, it can be said that you did not understand the prompt requirements as per the discussion sentence provided (yet again) which is why you ended up discussing a comparison essay (again) which is not the required discussion format. You are constantly making the same mistakes with your essay in regards to the prompt requirements. I do not see any improvement in your English comprehension skills over the past essays. It is almost as if you are not even trying to to improve your understanding of the English language. Most students here would have shown some sort of progress by now in this area.

I cannot understand why you seem to keep forgetting the advice I give you about the prompt specifications. I am already repetitive with my reminders and with any other student, the lesson would have been learned and applied as an improvement to the written work by now. If you truly want to learn about how to discuss the different essay prompts, then read and learn from the examples of others and their practice tests. It is not difficult to remember the differences and how to discuss specific format types.

You did not properly present the concluding paragraph either. You already know what the requirements for that are. You need to apply what I have been trying to teach you in your essays. Otherwise, I do not see how you can pass the test when you eventually take it.
OP ayibram 6 / 16 2  
@rubychautran
Oh sorry, here is the full prompt : Some people think paying taxes is a big enough contribution to their society, while others think people have more responsibilities as members of society than only paying taxes.

Discuss both views and give your opinion

Home / Writing Feedback / Is paying taxes enough? Writing IELTS Task 2 attempt