People can learn more about another country just by watching than visiting it. how true is this?

ririchwang 6 / 5 4  
Some people say that you can learn more about another country by watching television programmes and films about it than by actually visiting it. How true is this statement? Is there anything you can learn about another country by visiting it that you cannot learn by watching programmes and films about it?

Learning a different culture might take a lot of effort. As such, few people think that understanding about other countries through movies or television broadcast are good media for humans since they do not have to spend much money and time. In contrast, some others argue that travelling is the best manner in order to recognize a foreign culture because they are able to do activities which cannot learn by seeing films or television programs. I would also argue that sightseeing would help someone to learn the new custom.

A visually recorded like documentary on television has a greater power to promote a tourism more than the written or the spoken word. For this reason, in the last ten years, many television programmes and movies compete to broadcast about culture and history, so people can learn other countries without spending much money and time. For instance, National Geographic Channel shows about Rio Carnival in Brazil interestingly. In fact, humans do not have to visit Brazil in order to know about that celebration. In other words, it is evident that people are possible to learn the different culture through information provided by television and films.

On the other hand, travelling is a good decision for people who have much time and money. This is because they enable to get along with inhabitants and are doing the culture which it cannot do just by watching some programmes. A good example would be La Tomatina Festival in Spain. Even though it was displayed on television or magazines, tourist cannot feel the situation there . Compare to when people visit Spain, they can allow and enjoy that festival with pleasure. It is evident that going to other countries would give people more valuable experiences and knowledge.

In conclusion, it seems to me that taking vacation to the new states would give people lesson of culture and history directly. If people travel to other country, they would have chances to communicate and learn about the country so well. It is imperative that people ought to save their money in order to travel a country for getting experiences that make their life more beautiful.
irhame 52 / 50 25  
other culture
other cultures
BambusaMX 2 / 3 1  
Haii iqbal..

there're several gramatical issues :

understanding about other countries through movies or television broadcast = televisions (since it is compound sentence : movies, so you should use it plural)

I would also argue that sightseeing would be helping someone : would help

learning the new custom : to learn

What's more, you should write more at least 250 words..

Break a leg !!

Home / Writing Feedback / People can learn more about another country just by watching than visiting it. how true is this?