People can purchase things easily even if those products are not made in their countries

SandyLo 1 / 1 1  
IELTS Writing Task 2
Countries are becoming more and more similar because people are able to buy the same products anywhere in the world.
Do you think this is a positive or negative development?

For the sake of convenient transportation and lots of world chain companies, people can purchase things easily even those products are not made in their countries. In my opinion, this is a positive development and my states are following.

Nowadays, it is quite common that the people lives in the US wears alike the people in China. In terms of music, food, and the brand of phones, people seems to use the same things all over the world. In this case, each country is losing its own feature. I have been to Bali once, at the end of the trip, my suitcase was empty. Since the souvenirs sold in Bali are almost the same things displaced on Taipei street. Moreover, the price were so close that I wasn't willing to carry such heavy stuff back to my country. Secondly, this trend has serious impact on the local business. The reason that people can buy the things anywhere is because of those international chain companies. Compare to these huge enterprise, local business doesn't have the abundant resources. It becomes harder and harder to earn a living.

On the other side, although from the top to the toe, from the gadgets to the essential items are more and more similar in the world. I believe the value of each county doesn't decide by these products. You can eat sushi in UK as in Japan, however, you can't experience the history of fishing in Japan. The products people using are just the surface, what people caring, what people thinking are the inner value of a county. It is culture which cannot be replaced easily. Next, globalization is a ongoing issue that no one can stop. Instead of complaining, the government should enact. For example, providing the subsidy to the local business and assisting the local to find their advantages.

To conclude, the concept of global village is changing the game rule. In order to escape or hide, we should face it with optimistic attitude.

Dear friends,

I am not good at the sentence completion and the grammar...
Please give some advice to enhance my writing, thank you so much!!
Sandy, your paper will not score higher than a 4 in an actual test. As you have admitted, you have a problem with sentence completion and grammar. These problems affected the overall essay because you were not able to accomplish a number of things in the essay. These include:

1. An incomplete opening statement. the introduction must give a summary of the prompt, your opinion, then an overview of the discussion in order to be more effective.

2. Learn to group your discussions into relevant paragraphs for the body of the essay. One paragraph requires one fully developed topic. You should concentrate on presenting only one reason so that you won't have a hard time developing the accompanying sentences in support of it.

3. The conclusion also requires you to be more aware of the discussion that you have just presented. This is done by creating a summary of the discussion you just presented.
OP SandyLo 1 / 1 1  
@Holt,

Thanks for your comment.
I will try to improve my writing skill and listen to your advice!!

Home / Writing Feedback / People can purchase things easily even if those products are not made in their countries