Some people think that students who perform better in school should be rewarded.

Duckie2 1 / -  
It is true that students should be prized as a result of their working hard; however, some people hold the view that it devalues the purpose of studying, which is intrinsically obtaining knowledge. Personally, I firmly think that it is crucial that students be complimented as well as rewarded for having improved.

For once,it is understandable why this trend is not accepted. Getting rewarded is strongly believed not to be the true aim of studying. In fact, students ought to study hard with the view to achieving not only their academic knowlege but also social skills, which is bound to benefit them with their future jobs. Nevertheless, a significant number of students nowadays tend to be allured by the prizes, and thus cramming for examinations without truely absorbing any piece of knowledge. To give you a more specific idea, it is one of my classmates who has great technological expertise, once admitted that if it hadn't been for the prizing money which he later burned up on computer games, he would not have gone in for the competitions.

However, my personal opinion is favor of this trend for the reasons as follows. First and foremost, I acknowledge that students' studying progress may result from bad purposes but, be that as it may, rewards play an vital part in kindling their motivation as well as excitement for improving. To illustrate, being praised and prized helps students better conceive of self-worth accompanied by feeling a sense of achievement. Therefore, they will keep on making efforts to reach new heights, thus becoming a good citizen. Moreover, most of the school administrators are wise in selecting what is considered rewards to their students. For example, instead of cash, students will be presented with scholarship, school things or a day trip to a historical museum which not only destresses their students but also educates them in a far more entertaining way. Consequently, there is no doubt these rewards will incite them to perform more effectively at school.

In conclusion, while it is a good idea to encourage and praise students who have made considerable progress by giving them rewards, opponents of this trend point out that it is so material a way that students are tempted in a bad way. In my viewpoint, I am in favour of the former opinion .
You cannot say that the statement made in the presentation is true. That is because the first paragraph is only a restatement of the topic and your personal opinion. In this case, you made 2 mistakes that would have resulted in a failing preliminary TA score. Your opinion falls under the required format though so you will receive some points for that section, but it will not be enough to pass that paragraph. Based on the failing starter score, it will be difficult for you to receive a passing score at this point.

For once,it

Do not use inflamatory reference words in the essay. This is to be a logical written opinion presentation. You should not be looking to make any trouble or argue with anybody.

Home / Writing Feedback / Some people think that students who perform better in school should be rewarded.