Students perform better in school when they are rewarded rather punished

pavant96 1 / 1  

a reward or a punishment for a student?

Students perform better in school when they are rewarded rather punished. To What extent do you agree or disagree?

Education is the most essential part in one's individual success and the best place to start is school. In the process of making a student better, some people argue that students perform better when they are rewarded, in contrast, some believe in punishing. In my opinion both have their own merits and demerits.

Firstly, many teachers use rewards in order to stimulate learning and to motivate good behavior in students. There are many advantages in using reward system as it increases motivation and boosts self - esteem of a studentstudent. In contrast, it can become addiction and students won't study anymore without them.

Moreover, it will be illogical to reward a student when he/ her go against any rules and regulations of school. In such cases, school management should punish a student. This, not only represents a real world scenario but also teaches him it is bad to break rules. For instance, an adult is punished by the government when he/her breaks any rule in the society.

Many teachers believe punishment will help students to perform better and to be disciplined in school. It also makes student to complete his / her home work on time.On negative note, some students might feel embarrassed and become introverts for getting a punishment in front of his class. Some students take tremendous pressure to complete assignments and finally end up harming themselves.

In summary , every student cannot be changed using the same approach. I personally feel that it's teachers/ parents job to reward or punish a student based on the situation or past experiences. Both should be balanced in order to give better for a child.
Brianna28 1 / 3  
@pavant96
Hi there~
Your writing should be structed specifically. Use some examples and try to articulate it more detailed.
Hope you will get a satisfied score~
OP pavant96 1 / 1  
@Brianna28

Hi Brianna,
Thanks for your feedback. Can you point out where should I add examples. Is my grammar alright ??
alice1426 3 / 8 2  
@pavant96
"To what extent do you agree or disagree?" is a question that already gives you one view and ask if you agree or not.
Therefore instead of discussing both views and giving your opinion in the end, it's better for you to point out that you agree or disagree at the very beginning.

You can search for the website IELTS Simon and look for the topic IELTS Writing Task 2: the BIG mistake for more info.
Hope it helps :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Students perform better in school when they are rewarded rather punished