IELTS Task 2-Some people think that travel helps gaining knowledge

bobinv 5 / 14 3  
Some people think that travel helps gaining knowledge, but others think that TV and internet play an important role in gaining knowledge. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

It is very well phrased that "KNOWLEDGE IS POWER". Some people are of the opinion that knowledge can be obtained by travelling to other countries while others claim that media's like television and internet are important factors for development of knowledge. Both these arguments will be analyzed and a conclusion will be decided upon it.

On one hand, people who travel to different countries gain knowledge and start thinking from a different perspective. An illustration of this can be seen where the prime minister of India had been on an official visit to Singapore and he was so impressed with how the metro reduced traffic congestion that he implemented the same in his home country. This clearly shows how a different countries idea was implemented elsewhere and benefitted the nation. Additionally, by travelling to different countries, people get to know about different cultures and mingle with people of various ethnicity, race and the like. This in turn will broaden the horizon of the general public and lead to the development of the nation.

Having said that, it is also seen how technologies like TV and internet have a key role in developing knowledge. These literally reduces the distance of people in two different parts of the world and communication between them is possible just with a click of a button. This makes interaction between two people possible in an instant without much expense and they are able to share information with each other in mere seconds. Furthermore, it would be more convenient to research on a subject over the internet rather than going to libraries or other places physically.

To sum up, it can be seen that travelling to different places as well as media like TV and internet are equally important for knowledge gain. I personally believe that both go hand in hand in the development of a persons intellect.
while others claim that media's like television and internet

...while others claim that media such as television and the Internet ....

Both these arguments will be analyzed and a conclusion will be decided upon it.

.... I wish if you didn't include this sentence. The idea is implied and therefore no need to say.

On one hand, people who travel to different countries gain knowledge and start thinking from a different perspective.

On one hand, people who travel in other countries get the opportunity to broaden their perspectives and gain knowledge through their rich travel experiences.

This clearly shows how a different countries idea was implemented elsewhere and benefittedbenefit the nation.

This clearly shows that how effectively knowledge transmission can take place through foreign travel.
MisterWandering 18 / 321 130  
Having said that

On the other hand

technologies

media

These literally reduces the distance of people in two different parts of the world and communication between them is possible just with a click of a button

Therefore, geographical distance seems to be no more a hindrance in communicating people.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 2-Some people think that travel helps gaining knowledge