IELTS TASK 2 - What people wear is the indicator of person personality or not

ilankelo21 36 / 41 22  
Some people say that the clothes people wear are the most important indication of what they are like. Others, however, say that people should not be judged by the clothes they wear.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

A way of wearing clothes has become an important issue for people these days. While some inhabitants reckon that appearance is not detrimental factor to determine someone personality, I a more like to argue the character of person is determined by what they are wearing. Both views will be discussed in this following essay before any conclusion is achieved.

Those who said that people dress is not the key factor to judge someone's behavior have several reasons. First, there is no correlation between the way people dressing and their characters. Taking a corrupt government official for example, their physical appearances seemingly indicate that they are good person, yet what is seen looks contrast when they are indicted as the criminal by the police. Another one is that some great people frequently tend to have a humble behavior among public by wearing a simple uniform. It is thus that what people dress cannot be the main assessment to judge person.

Apart from previous discussion, I am seemingly tending to argue that someone personality is determined by the way they dress. One of the reasonable arguments to say this is inhabitants use a simple fashion are more likely to have a low-self esteem. This has been supported by a current study conducted by Zuckerman, 1991, stipulating that poor physical appearance leads to a lowered opinion by others, which, logically, leads to lower popularity, and, lack of popularity may undermine self-esteem and self-confidence. This is no doubt that someone character can be determined by the way they dress.

To conclude, it is avoidable that judging someone personality is extremely hard as all indication appeared does not decided what people behave. However I am more likely to argue that citizen characters can be known by observing the clothes they use, indicating particular character inhabitants have. Therefore, to uncover someone personality, a further observation is required to do.
nuni11 33 / 30 5  
I am more likely to argue the character ofthat a person'scharacter is determined...

Those who saidsay that people's dress(...)Taking athe corrupt government official for example(...)It is thus clear that what people dress

... appearance leads to a lowered opinion

...judging someone's personality is extremely hard

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2 - What people wear is the indicator of person personality or not