[WRITING TASK 1] Percentage of passing driving license of males and females in an Asian nation

DRIVING TEST PASS RATES

The chart illustrates percentage of passing driving license of males and females in an Asian nation in the period of 30 years.

It is clear that portions of people passing driving test witnessed an upward trend over the period shown. Overall, numbers of women has higher rates in passing the driving test, and also experienced more fluctuations compared to mens'.

In 1980, rates of people passed the test reached approximately 40 percents in total. Following ongoing increase, percentages of passing drivers went up to nearly 40% and 50% each gender by 1990. Then, by 10 years later, it is worth noticing that the figures of passing licenses reached of three-fifths people who took the test.

As the numbers of passing drivers reached a peak of 70% of women and 50% of men, the year 2010 witnessed a slight fall in females's figures and remained the same in males'. Furthermore, in the last year of period, overall rates came approximately about 57,5%

The summary overview is problematic and will not deliver a good preliminary score. There are several elements missing from this presentation to help it achieve a passing base score such as:

1. The accurate description of the chart as a columnar bar chart.
2. A reference that the figures represent the results of the exams taken by both genders.
3. The inclusive years covering the 30 year period.

These are the information required for an effective summary overview. These are what you did not represent accurately in your summary paragraph.

You also have a problem with word usage. The plural of man is Men just as the plural of woman is Women. You should not use an S+ apostrophe for that.

Home / Writing Feedback / [WRITING TASK 1] Percentage of passing driving license of males and females in an Asian nation