Ielts writing task 1 about a performance of a bus company

lilikim 3 / 5  

Topic:

The charts below show the performance of a bus company in terms of punctuality, both actual and target (what actually happened compared to what the company was trying to achieve), and the number of complaints from passengers.

My answer:

The first chart illustrates the performance of a bus company when it comes to punctuality in reality and targeted plans from 1999 to 2003, while the second chart portrays the number of complaints the company received in the same period.

Overall, the company did not achieve their aims despite lowering the targets after every year except for 2003. Additionally, the number of passengers complaining also grew annually in these years.

In the first two years, they targeted at 86% of punctuality, however, the results are only about 85% and 82% respectively. Therefore, they lowered the plans to 85% of services arriving on time in the next two years but still failed to meet their expectations by falling short by approximately 1%. By 2003, the company exceeded their aim of roughly 84% buses to be punctual with 85% of that in actual.

Regarding the number of complaints, at the start they only received about 70 thousand, however it gradually increased to reach approximately 130 thousand in the final year in spite of a slight drop to 100 thousand in 2001. It is interesting to note that in 2003, when the company surpassed their goals, they also underwent the highest level of complaints.
The summary overview is good but the presentation paragraphs are another story. You see, the use of the actual year references must be included in the analytical paragraphs because the reader needs to be clear on the reference points being used. When you just say "year" or "years", the reader will not know what you are talking about. He will not have the time to go back to read the summary overview to find out what the years are. The information must be scannable. By that, it means the reader should be able to scan the essay and understand everything, without needing to refer back and forth to the information provided. This essay, though well written, needs to be more focused based on C+C considerations.
OP lilikim 3 / 5  
If possible, can you give me an estimated band score for my writing? Thank you so much!

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts writing task 1 about a performance of a bus company