WRITING TASK 1: The pictures below show the process of making clothes from recycled plastic bottles

katiebruse 1 / -  

recycling process of plastic bottles

The diagram depicts how disposed plastic bottles are recycled and turned into clothes through a series of streamlined steps, involving the aid of both humans and machinery.

Overall, the process has 13 stages beginning with the collection of used plastic bottles and ending with the finished products - new clothes - without any by-product. It is also clear from the diagram that used plastic bottles are main raw materials.

First of all, discarded plastic bottles are colletted at the collection points and loaded onto trucks to transport to the factories. After being conveyed to the factories, these bottles are sorted and cut into little pieces by a specialized cutting machine. These cut plastic pieces are washed and dried under the Sun for about 10 hours before being boiled in a cylindrical pot to melt down.

In the subsequent stage, the melt plastic are strained and spun into yarn before being woven into fabric. Finally, the fabric is rolled up and ready used to make garments.
You clearly understood the diagram that was presented. The process was well covered in the explanation, but not very well presented. You need to understand that the information clarity of your presentation is directly affected by the sentence structure and formation. That means, the longer your sentenences are, the more compressed ideas you present, the lower your GRA, C+C and TA scores will be. Why does that happen? By compressing the ideas, you fail to meet the varied sentence requirement. There are no simple, complex, or compound sentences provided. All you give for scoring are run-on sentences. Which are considered incorrect sentence formats. Go by the rule that each sentence must have only 1 or 2 connected ideas in the presentation. Aim for discussion clarity by always separating the ideas. That way you do not end up confusing the reader and also, you are able to meet the sentence variation requirement in a better manner.

Home / Writing Feedback / WRITING TASK 1: The pictures below show the process of making clothes from recycled plastic bottles