Politicians and scientists have the greatest influence on earth.discuss IELTS GT

usalma2002 9 / 21  
Some people think that politicians and scientists have the greatest influence on the world, others disagree. Discuss both views and state your own opinion.

There have been immense advances in most aspects of peoples lives by the scientifically breakthrough. Meanwhile, politicians are playing major role to establish peace on the earth. Thus it is reasonable to say politicians and scientists have the greatest influence on the world.

Opponents of the argument might say that teachers, creative artists, businessmen, civil society have significant contribution on the development of the earth. This is obviously true but the argument is about whose influence is the maximum among way of lives of people in the world. Definitely many professionals have some important role with the growth of the society either actively or passively. In this way above mentioned professionals keep far reach impact on the society whereas consequences of the activities of scientists and politicians are prompt and direct.

In case of politicians, they have got the power to motivate mass people through speech, expressing their future plan, view and motto. When they work as a member of a ruling party, they have right to implement rule and regulations to control unfair means of the society. They can take active action in case of main issues like education, employment, health care, crime to ensure human right. Similarly, scientists have proven their power through their invention. Over the last half century, the pace of change in human life has increased beyond our wildest expectations. Electronic devices, for example, computers, cell phones, have penetrated in our everyday life styles that are changing the whole way we view the world on an almost daily. Due to medical advancement, people live longer and healthier than before and our standards of life have improved as well. Additionally, ways of production of food, handling natural disaster, control of birth situation have been better much. Even both of these practiced can keep much negative effect on the society by their negative perspective in doing things. For instance, wars, invention of deadly weapons are the instant destructive results of their evil deeds.

To recapitulate, I convinced that politicians and scientists play the most effective role in the progress of the world. Thereby they should be more responsible to control all sorts of negative issues on the world because they cannot proceed on being careless by nullifying the greater interest of the world.
There have been immense advances in most aspects of peoples lives by the scientifically breakthroughs .

Meanwhile, politicians are playing major roles to establish peace on the earth.

This is obviously true, but the argument is about whose influence is the strongest among way of lives of people in the world.

Definitely, many types of professionals play some important roles in the growth of the society, either actively or passively.

In this way, these professionals have a big impact on the society, whereas consequences of the activities of scientists and politicians are prompt and direct.

In the case of politicians, they have got the power to influencelarge numbers of people through speeches, expressing their future plans, views, and motto's.

This sentence is very confusing;
Even both of these practiced can keep much negative effect on the society by their negative perspective in doing things.
I think I know what you are saying, but you should make your meaning clearer.

To recapitulate, I am convinced that politicians and scientists...
OP usalma2002 9 / 21  
Thank you very much for your sincere study. I would appreciate you. Hope it will help to improve myself in English writing.
hey_millie 2 / 5  
I like your argument that politicians and scientists have influence on earth. It seems very vague though as to what they are actually influencing. Maybe you should go into more depth about "influences." Not necessarily all politicians are playing a major role to establish peace on earth. Though it may seem so, it is actually for their own agenda, mostly behind the veil of "peace on earth." I think it would be going far out there to say they are playing a major role to establish peace on earth... but that's just my opinion. I don't know what kind of essay prompt you have..

I hope this can trigger some more inspiration for you to help expand your essay.

Good Luck!

Home / Writing Feedback / Politicians and scientists have the greatest influence on earth.discuss IELTS GT