PRESERVING RARE LANGUAGES FROM VANISHING

hadeel22 1 / -  

THE IMPORTANCE OF A LANGUAGE

As languages such as English, Spanish and mandarin become more widely spoken, there is a fear that many minority languages may die out. Some countries have taken steps to protect minority languages.

What is your view of this practice?

English, Spanish and Mandarin are amongst most spoken languages in the world. Thus, a big concern has developed as fewer spoken languages may disappear as a result of the popularity of more used languages. So, many countries have taken prophylactic actions in order to save these languages. This essay agrees with the action taken by different places to protect the non-popular language. This essay will discuss the reasons behind this opinion as languages are part of the culture that is not less than physical ancient art and must be preserved, also it is part of people identity that accompanies them wherever they go.

Language as so many other thing like art and old statues left, is part of people culture that must be cared of. However, many old languages have died out as a result of neglect leaving a gap in that culture that cannot be replaced. For example, ancient hieroglyphic language have disappeared in Egypt despite the huge greatness of that old culture that lasted more than 2000 years.

Also history is the actual identity of different population, it is indeed what defines them wherever they go, and language comprise a very important part of that identity. Thus, more action must be taken to preserve that part as that showed in famous and popular one. For instance,a study in Oxford University in 2013 has concluded that more confidence was obvious on the international students as they were allowed to talk by their original languages and accents in the classes as a trial to identify their hometowns.

In conclusion. Government should take actual actions in keeping old languages as newly spoken languages are invading all over the place. They are the remaining part of their old history and culture as well as the identity of them.
Hashirama 1 / 1  
I've found some mistakes in your essay:
_Language as so many "another things" like art and old ...
_Ancient hieroglyphic language "has" disappeared in Egypt
_... and language "comprises" a very important part ...
_For instance, a study "at" Oxford (...) was obvious "for" the international students

Home / Writing Feedback / PRESERVING RARE LANGUAGES FROM VANISHING