IELTS writing task 2, printed books or newspaper will not be buy by online reading

lolikvloli 1 / -  
In the future, nobody will buy printed newspapers or books because they will be able to read everything they want online without paying.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Due to free online reading, it is believed that printed newspapers or books will not be purchased in the next few years. In my opinion, I disagree with this statement and will outline some reasons in this essay.

On the one hand, online reading brings a lot of benefits to readers. First, online reading is extremely convenient for people. If the reader only has a smart phone, tablet, or laptop that has the ability to access the Internet by wifi or mobile data, they can read any news, magazines, or books at any time. Second, online reading nowadays is usually free on social websites. Thus, people who read books or newspapers online will save money on their daily expenses by not buying and updating information daily. Finally, using the Internet to read books and newspapers could protect the ecosystem. In particular, a regular TV news program in Vietnam used to mention that the amount of wood that was used to make paper to serve the newspaper industry each week was a ton. Therefore, the increase of online reading newspapers will lead to a decrease in the amount of wood used to create newspapers and save a lot of trees.

Nonetheless, printed newspapers and books have advantages that online reading does not. Firstly, there are several datasets that will not be uploaded on the Internet, such as graduation theses and scientific reports. Thus, to read this data, the reader needs to either buy it or go to the library to borrow it, which means it is not able to be read online. Secondly, taking books or newspapers by hand will create a real emotion and be more interesting than reading them on the screen of a phone or tablet. For example, Pham Nhat Vuong, a top 30 billionaire in the world, shared with a journalist that he could find a lot of information on the Internet, but he still enjoyed reading it in printed books. Finally, books and newspapers are a type of hobby collection that cannot be replaced by online reading.Many people have an interest in collecting famous books or newspapers and exhibiting these things in their houses, something that online reading is unable to do.

In conclusion, although online reading could bring a lot of benefits as mentioned above, purchasing printed books or newspapers will still exist in the future and cannot be replaced for some of the reasons mentioned above. From my perspective, I disagree with this statement.
The question is "to what extent?" Therefore, the writer must provide 2 sets of information for his opinion response.

1. The strength of his emotional support for his opinion
2. The reason for his heartfelt response.

These 2 sentences are what will recieve a complete score. The current opinion sentence has 2 faults that will result in a partial and non-score respectively.

1. Incomplete opinion statement. The degree of support is missing.
2. Invalid thesis response. There is no topic reason provided as the opinion basis.

Further deductions will apply based on the improper discussion format. A comparative essay is presented when the task expectation is that of a 2 supporting reason presentation for the writers opinion. The task requirements have not been pproperly met in the reasoning and concluding summary paragraphs. Expect a failing score.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS writing task 2, printed books or newspaper will not be buy by online reading