Writing task 1 - Process of growwing and making products from pineapples

hoangkelvin 1 / -  
The picture below shows the process of growing and making products from pineapples. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features. Write at least 150 words.

------------------
1.
The diagram illustrates the process of planting and manufacturing products from pineapples.
Overall, the process involves both natural and man-made elements and comprises three major stages, commencing with pineapples being grown on fields and ending with pineapples of different sizes being converted into three different products including pineapple juice, canned pineapples, and fresh pineapples.

As can be seen from the diagram, pineapples are planted in rows in fields. For optimal growth, pineapples should be spaced 26 cm apart from each other and grown in tropical climates ranging from 28 to 30 degrees Celsius. After 7 months, the fields are sprayed with chemicals called ethylene to enhance the growth process of the plants. When the pineapples reach maturity after 5 months, weighing 2kg and measuring 30 cm in length, they are harvested and transported to the factory for processing. Subsequently, they are cleaned and washed in order to remove any chemical residues, dirt, or insects.

The size of the pineapples determines how they are processed into various products. For small and medium-sized pineapples, the crown is chopped off and the skin is peeled. Small-sized pineapples are then sent to an extractor to collect juice, while medium-sized ones are cut into slices and packaged into cans. In contrast, fresh, large-sized pineapples are waxed and packed into crates before shipment.

You only have 20 minutes to write this task 1 essay. It is not advisable that you write over 200 words during the practice tests. It is unrealistic for you to think that you will be able to complete such long and complex paragraph presentations during the actual test. You will not have enough time to write an almost 300 word essay with the time pressure that you will be facing, along with the need to proof read and edit your work to ensure a good final score. You need to learn to write in a short, quick, and understandable manner. This essay meets the understandability requirements, but not the cohesiveness aspect since every paragraph is over written.

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing task 1 - Process of growwing and making products from pineapples