The process of making tea

Heina 5 / 14 4  
Help me checking this essay, pls :DTea is a favorite and healthy drink in almost every country. There are many kinds of tea such as black, green and oolong tea. This report will show the process of making tea.

There are several stages in the production of tea. First the leaves are plucked by hand to ensure the freshest leaves. Then they are spread on shelves to allow to wither for 18-24 hours. Next the softened tea leaves are fed into rolling machine for 2-3 hours to release the juices inside. After that, leaves are left on shelves in a climate-controlled room where they turn progressively darker for ˝-5 hours. The next step is known as fining. Leaves are put in ovens on trays to dry for 30-40 minutes. Later leaves are cut, shifted, sorted and graded at the same time. Subsequently tea is sold through auction system. The buyers taste the tea samples to assess quality. The sellers then auction to get highest price. Finally, before being packed into small packets, tea is cased into tea chests and ready for export.
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
Tea is a favorite and healthy drink in almost every country.

this is a good opening statement but if I were you I would write a historical statement. For example, how tea become a popular drink for all nations.

There are several stages in the production of tea (suggestion: "The procedure of making tea includes several steps") . First the tea leaves are plucked by hand to ensure the freshest leaves (suggestion: "To distinguish the freshest leaves from other ones") . Then they are spread on shelves to allow to wither for 18-24 hours. Next the softened tea leaves are fed into rolling machine for 2-3two to three (write the numbers under 10 in words) hours to release the juices inside. After that, the leaves are left on shelves in a climate-controlled room where they turn progressively darker for ˝-5 hours. The next step is known as fining .through which thel eaves are put in ovens on trays to dry for 30-40 minutes and the leaves are simultaneously. Later leaves are cut, shifted, sorted and graded at the same time . Subsequently, tea is sold through auction system. The tea merchantsbuyers taste the tea samples to assess their quality . The sellers then auction to get highest price (Revise this sentence. It sounds odd for me) . Finally, before being packed into small packets, tea is cased into tea chests and ready for export.
OP Heina 5 / 14 4  
Next the softened tea leaves are fed into rolling machine for 2-3 two to three (write the numbers under 10 in words) hours to release the juices inside. After that, the leaves are left on shelves in a climate-controlled room where they turn progressively darker for ˝-5 hours.

How about "1/2-5''? How should I change ? or It is not neccessary ?
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
u can keep it in this form OR change it in this way :"30 minutes to five hours" .
OP Heina 5 / 14 4  
Thanks u so much, Ahmad. I am really impressed by ur grammar skill. How can I contact u when I post a new entry ? (Do u have Facebook / yahoo? We can chat more :D)
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
Thank you for the complement. this is my yahoo ID : "@yahoo".
OP Heina 5 / 14 4  
I added you. (My Y!M 's nick is suzumi saga ) ^^

Home / Writing Feedback / The process of making tea