The proportion of the employment of first-year teachers by year of graduation in Ontario; IELTS 1

thomle 1 / -  

The employment of first-year teachers

The line graph gives the information about the proportion of the employment of first-year teachers by year of graduation in Ontario from 2001 to 2007. Overall, the percentage of English-language teachers fell down dramatically, while the figure for French-language teachers fluctuated and hit the highest point in 2007. In addition, English-language instructors saw the greatest decrease over the period.

As for teachers who taught English, the percentage of them had a sharp decrease from 73% to 40% in the period of 2001 - 2003. Since then to 2005, the number of new graduates who found jobs in teaching English slightly increased to approximately 43% (2005). However, it began to dip again to 32% and 28% in 2006 and 2007, respectively.

Regarding new graduates who worked as French teachers, the proportion of them was 70% which lower than that of English teachers recruitment in 2001. There was a decrease in the percentage of the employment of new French teachers in 2002, about 53%. The number of French new graduate teachers then surpassed the number of English teachers after 2002 and fluctuated between 2003 and 2006. In 2007, the highest figure was recorded for French instructors with nearly 73%.

The summary could use some clarification points. For starters, there should be an indicator of 2 lines running through the graph, which represent different measurement focus. It should also represent the information that the data presented is in relation to permanent jobs for the teachers. This is an important point that was highlighted in the description and should therefore, be given special attention in the report. If possible, indicate the line graph color differentiations as well.

As for

The paragraph cannot start with this reference since there was no previous comparison point for the presentation. There are certain opening phrases that can only be used after a previous presentation. The writer should become familiar with these phrases and use it properly next time.

Home / Writing Feedback / The proportion of the employment of first-year teachers by year of graduation in Ontario; IELTS 1