Public libraries should be replaced by computer technology. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

windieyaaa 2 / 3 1  
Maintaining public libraries is a waste of time and is not necessary since computer technology is now replacing their function.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

The role of public libraries is downplayed and they are considered not worth spending time on, due to the current development of computer technology. Subjectively, while I admit the benefits brought by computer technology, I do not agree that public libraries should be replaced.

On the one hand, it is undeniable that computer technology offers innovative functions. Firstly, smart devices equipped with these technologies are highly portable, allowing users to carry them anytime and anywhere. My sister, for example, who is a voracious reader, can enjoy her favorite pages wherever she is, even on the move with a palm-sized Kindle. This has saved her a huge amount of time and effort. Secondly, computer technology facilitates reading books when it comes to finding and organizing. For instance, readers could look for a quote in a thousand-page book and add it to their favorite collection in a blink of an eye.

On the other hand, there are some reasons why public libraries cannot be substituted by computer technology. One reason is that public libraries play a vital role as reliable learning sources. In other words, readers at libraries are exposed to authentic and valuable information which benefits their academic purposes and brodens their spectrum of knowledge. In addition, public libraries are places of gatherings to exchange knowledge and passion for reading. Consequently, this will not only help readers widen their social network but also strongly encourage them to read books, thus building a more sustainable and well-educated society.

In conclusion, I believe that people should pay attention to the maintenance of public libraries, regardless of the advancement of computer technology.

(268 words)
The writer has successfully contradicted his own opinion in this presentation. The result is an essay that does notfully explain not support his personal opinion as stated in the prompt restatement + personal opinion section. The idea behind the reasoning paragraphs is to have the writer illustrate the reasons why his opinion, as first stated should be acceptable and seen as reasonable by the reader. That was not accomplished in this task.

The presentation instead takes to explaining why both sides of the discussion is correct. Creating a confusing opinion and discussion presentation. Aa a personal opinion is required rather thand comparative discussion, only the first stated opinion must be developed in terms of reasoning and defense. The essay is incorrectly developed and discussed in this case. The essay also does not use the required response format, leading to additional scoring deductions.

It will never recieve full TA, C + C, and GRA scores because of it. There is a possibility the essay will recieve failing marks in those sections and get an overall failing score.
thuthanh1908 2 / 2  
I think in the introduction paragraph, you should change the sentence "I do not agree that public libraries should be replaced" to "I do not agree that maintaining public libraries is a waste of time". Writing like that will be more appropriate to the question above.

Home / Writing Feedback / Public libraries should be replaced by computer technology. To what extent do you agree or disagree?