IELTS-Public libraries should not spend their limited resources on computer software

miumiu0422 2 / 3  
Topic:The main purpose of public libraries should be to provide books. Public libraries should not spend their limited resources on computer software, videos or DVDs. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

With a expansion of the information technology, there has appeared a widely debate about whether the public libraries should keep its traditional function like providing books or replenish other multimedia resources.In my opinion, the public libraries should give the priority to introducing more computer sofewares,videos,e-books,etc.

It has been widely proved that various types of information have great impact on the individuals.To start with,it is the era of information explosion that ask for us to acquire different skills of learning knowledge.Based on that, public library could provide abundant resources and practical training for us .In addtion,the electronic type of information is a clearly space-saving option for the public library. Specifically, the library spend a great deal of manpower and material resources in terms of maintenance of numerous books.And probably the most importantly, the multimedia resources are filled with animations and sounds,which is more stimulating and inspring than monotonous books especially for children.

Admittedly, books, traditional way of gaining knowledge, has some irreplaceable characters in a sense. Firstly, those who love reading the books regard the smell of the paper and the feeling of holding books in hands as treasures.Also,for those who live in poverty have no applications to play the software or videos, the only way they can learn knowledge is books.So the libraries are an essential part of this process, providing the only access for those who do not have the resources to purchase books on their own.

For my part, after considering the arguments above, i feel that the books and the multiple types of information are not mutually exclusive.Considering the limited resources of the public libraries, they should dedicate more money and energy to the newly variety of information containing computer sofeware,audio-video tapes,as well as e-books.

Please give me some revising advice and maybe an estimation of score band.
I also wonder how many words is appropriate for IELTS Task2?
I got a lot of help here, thanks a lot.

lu
April April 13 / 148 22  
About your question on how many words is appropriate:
The task always asks you to write at least 250 words, so don't write any fewer than that, but my teacher said that a 280-320-word essay would be ideal and enough to get a high bandscore.

Best
OP miumiu0422 2 / 3  
To dumi

Thanks.

Actually i want to express the idea that we have to acquire various ways of learning ,you konw ,the knowledge is only just from books...

I do not know how to explain the opinion explicit
well, this is my suggestion;
To start with,it is the era of information explosion that ask for us to acquire different skills of learning knowledge. reduces our dependance on books by enhancing our ability to acquire knowledge from various sources.
welnorze 8 / 15  
I think one of the parts that you need to improve is giving practical examples to support your opinion, such as what electronic material is real life that could save space and how, and why public library need to provide them.

Regards

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS-Public libraries should not spend their limited resources on computer software