Purchasing printed magazines, books may be dispensable since we can read all the information online

emdy2912 1 / 1  

nobody will buy printed newspapers or books because they will be able to read everything online

The advancement of technology has changed our lifestyle significantly, even to the way we up to speed the daily news or the way we absorb new knowledge. Some people believe that purchasing printed magazines or books soon be dispensable since we can read all the information from online sources for free. I completely disagree with this statement and I will illustrate some reasons in this essay.

On the one hand, some documents related to politic or the government or laws must all be written or printed on papers. As they are the important evidence of an event or a lawsuit, which may be easily edited or deleted by hackers if they are share on online websites. Incorrect information will lead to several misunderstandings and some severe arguments, which later deteriorate the situations.

On the other hand, lack of mobile phones or contemporary gizmos is also a vital reason. People from poor countries or who have financial difficulty cannot afford for any Internet-connected devices. For instance, many people who are homeless or living in slum rarely have enough money to pay for their daily living expenses so they do not really consider about buying a phone. Therefore, online news cannot replace printed newspaper books because not everybody is able to read things online.

In conclusion, I believe that although reading things online maybe more convenient than traditional manner, printed books and newspapers will never be replaced by them. Since printed documents play a crucial role in our society and worth more values, they are always essential as a source of information in today live and in the future.
The first sentence is a personal opinion of the writer that is not related in terms of restatement requirements to the original topic. This should not be present in the prompt restatement + opinion paragraph. This particular section, based on the original presentation is only a 2 sentence restatement. One topic restatement and the extent opinion of the writer should comprise this paragraph's requirements. So only the last 2 sentences will receive a score while a deduction will be applied for the inclusion of the first sentence.

As for the reasoning paragraphs, only one of the 2 presentations will recieve a score. That is because the response format chosen by the exam taker is incorrect. He opted to use a comparison format when the essay is a single opinion essay only. As a single opinion essay, the 2 paragraphs must offer strong supporting evidence for the writer's extent response. No deviations or change of opinion midstream. The examiner will only score the supporting reasoning paragraph. Deductions will again be applied for incorrect response formatting. The essay will also be considered lacking in development due to the missing 2nd supporting discussion. The essay is well on its way to a failing score at this point.
OP emdy2912 1 / 1  
thank you so much for your help ! <3

Home / Writing Feedback / Purchasing printed magazines, books may be dispensable since we can read all the information online