IELTS- 'qualifications, not sexes' - the number of female and male pupils

samenmohammad 10 / 19  
IELTS Task2:
Universities should accept equal number of female and male students in every subject.
To what extend do you agree or disagree?

These days, due to the large number of students attendance in universities, these educational places plays an important role in our community. Therefore, if we organize the universities, we would be able to have a better society. In this piece of writing, I would like to express my personal views about whether it is necessary to accept equal number of boys and girls in university majors.

There are many reasons which prove that equal number of men and women in universities have some benefits. Firstly, this equally could ensure that our future society will have male and female experts in any major. For example, in my country Kenya University accepted equal number of boys and girls for teaching purpose in 1999. These students graduated after 4 years and all single sex schools could take a number of male and female teachers. It is clear that without that policy, some schools couldn't provide their required teachers.

On the other hand, some people, specially university professionals, argue that this issue leads to many problem that couldn't be ignored. The most important reason is that universities educational levels would decrease after applying this policy. Because universities always get admission to the better students with no attention to their sexes. Moreover, there are some university majors that almost only boys (or girls) are interested in. So, equality of male and female pupils is irrational. For example, in my country, Power Electronic is a university major which boys comprise about 90% of the total students.

Personally I think that universities should select their prospective students base on their qualifications, not their sexes and also, accepting equal boys and girls couldn't help universities to reach to their educational targets.
ricaud 3 / 4  
these educational places playsplay an important role in our community

On the other hand, some people, speciallyespecially university professionals

the last sentence of the last paragraph should answer the question, do you agree, or do you disagree. you don't have to say why or why not right away but establish which side you are taking.

overall i like how you got to the point in the paragraphs and you didn't have too much extra irrelevant information. i also think your conclusion could be a little bit longer.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS- 'qualifications, not sexes' - the number of female and male pupils