The quantities of goods moved using four kinds of means in the UK between 1974 and 2002

Abrahamlincoln 54 / 56  
The graph below shows the quantities of goods transported in the UK between 1974 and 2002 by four different modes of transport.

TRANSPORT AND DELIVERY WITHIN UK

The line graph compare the quantities of goods moved using four kinds of means in the UK between 1974 and 2002, measured in million tones. Overall, it can clearly be seen that pipeline was the only mode that never experienced a decrease.

Road was used for the delivery of the highest quantity of commodity in UK, starting at 70 in 1974 and ending at just under 100 in 2002. it experienced decreases twice, from 72 to 70 between 1978 and 1982 and from 82 to 79 between 1991 and 1994. Meanwhile, the least amount was sent using pipeline. at first, it stood at only 5 then it kept increasing to 21 in 1995, followed by a stable trend afterward.

in the first 4 years, water and rail were almost at the same level, around 40, but in the next 7 years whereas rail decreased to 30, water rose to just under 60. Between 1986 and 1998, the rail fluctuated between 30 and 40 while the water declined slightly to around 50. the following years saw the surge, with water witnessing more significant rise than the other.

@holt please examine this writing. million of thanks for you

You incompletely summarized the chart requirements. A complete outline of the four modes of transportation is required in the essay to complete the discussion outline. That is why you feel under the minimum sentence requirement for that paragraph. The overview summary helps to create the first line of high points for your essay. So you must never overlook it's importance when you develop it. Make sure all discussion points are represented in the summary for a maximum grade possibility. Your conclusion has an incomplete representation as well. You need to relay the comparison numbers for water in order to prove your observation that the water mode of transportation showed a yearly fluctuation in the chart. This is a better attempt at solid writing on your part. The problem is that I don't think you can score higher that a 3.4 for this particular task. The basis of the score is the incomplete information provided along with a very mechanical presentation of the information.
ilskyilsky 4 / 9 2  
@Abrahamlincoln
If I were you,,,,

First paragraph
Paraphrasing
The line graph illustrates the amount of products both imported and exported in the UK from 1974 to 2002 by four different mediums of transport.
[Entire view]
Overall, the number of all transportation increased during the given periods.
[Unit]
The given unit is million tonnes.

Second paragragh
We can see from the information, the number of goods which were transported by road, water, and pipeline were rose constantly through the period.
-add 2~3 sentences with specific figure.

Last paragragh
In comparison, when it comes to rail, the figure for rail declined from 40 million tonnes in the first year to about 25 in 1995, and increased again to over 40 in the last year.

-add 1~2 sentences with opinion.
nuradiapuspa 11 / 25  
dear @Abrahamlincoln,

A few corrections from me..

Watch the grammar. In paragraph 1, The line graphs compare the quantities

Then, for the overall statement, i suppose that there is a more appropriate way to write it. If I were you, I will write:
Overall, it can be seen that road, water, and pipeline experienced an increase, while rail had a fluctuative scheme.

Wih you luck :)

Home / Writing Feedback / The quantities of goods moved using four kinds of means in the UK between 1974 and 2002