Recycling Problems - IELTS writing task 2

Huongmie 1 / 3  
In many countries, people do not recycle their rubbish as much as they could.

Why do you think it is? What can be done to change this?

In many nations, people do not truly focus on garbage recycling which results from several reasons. Nevertheless, reasonable solutions can be taken to tackle this problem.

Obviously, the major cause of this matter is the recycling process, which is complicated and time-consuming. Even some materials are not multipurpose enough to be recycled, so it is not worthwhile for people to do this. For example, used plastic bags and paper can only be reused as decoration, which might take lots of effort for some people to think of ideas on how to recycle them reasonably, like making a gift wrap. In addition, inadequate education is also to be blame. It seems to me that most schools around the world neglect valuable lessons on the importance of recycling that people, especially the young, do not get the knowledge, probably because these lessons are considered more impractical than other subjects.

Nonetheless, in order to combat this trend, it is vital that the following solutions are applied. First, schools should add more lessons about recycling to curriculums to encourage students to recycle. Teachers can show documentary for students to watch or organize competitions and games to test their understanding. Second, governments should impose laws to the public. Particularly, individuals who do not sort every type of waste materials should be heavily fined. Lastly, the governments have to make recycling facilities available everywhere too, like placing recycling cans on streets and buildings, which reminds citizens to recycle.

In conclusion, complex recycling stages and lack of education are the main contributions to this matter, which can be solved by taking the steps mentions above into actions.

please help me fix this essay. Thank you><
The restatement + response in not properly presented. While the paraphrasing is acceptable, there was a failure to deliver question responses as directly required. The examiner does not need the questions repeated. He already knows what there are. He needs to see your ability to respond quickly to discussion questions as if you were participating in a class discussion. He is judging your swift logic and reasoning skills in this section. You failed to deliver.

inadequate education is also to be blame

How does this reason relate to the first? The reasoning in this paragraph lacks cohesion. The seperate topics leave the reader confused.

The solutions paragraph was again blurred by the sudden insertion of a fining sugstem. It disconnected the cohesive discussion in relation to the previously stated causes.

Home / Writing Feedback / Recycling Problems - IELTS writing task 2